• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Any pairing that involves Y&R's Victoria (Amelia Heinle). The soap press acts like 'fans' are all over Victoria's romantic entanglements (particularly if it involves her and Billy) and I'm like "which fans? Who says this?" 

• Members

GH: Michael and Joss.

The show constantly presents them as leads that are always in the right, but they’re both just awful people.

Its not even like they’re written as grey characters or anti heroes either. They’re just awful 

And, I guess Robert Scott Wilson and his characters over at Days could be considered overrated as well.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

I have to agree with RSW at DAYS.  I have accepted and enjoyed  plenty of attractive over talent guys on soaps over the years.  Prime examples being Austin on DAYS and Nicholas on Y&R.  But he is just way too forced for me, even though I do find him hot.  But that’s it.

• Members

I mean, I get it. He’s hot. Really hot.

But, just like with Michael and Joss, to write the awful characters that he plays as always in the right, and as the hero romantic lead when he doesn’t have the acting capabilities to play a romantic lead, it’s just gets tiresome and ridiculous after a while.

Thankfully, they’ve finally decided to write Alex as he should be written. 

• Members

Sonny and Brenda (don't kill me @carolineg) but I just hate everything Sonny does. Maurice was off the charts hot back in the day but his acting isn't remotely impressive to me, Vanessa had charisma and spunk that made him okay to tolerate. And they had one of those annoying soap romances that suck all the air out of a room. Brenda always seemed on the brink when it came to him, actually most of the women he's paired with act like that. It's just annoying.

Nick and Sharon have no appeal to me. I don't think either actor is very good (everyone overpraises Sharon Case, I'm sorry), they're both so bland and generic.

I don't get the appeal of most couples on Days. They're all so saccharine when they're in love and their obstacles are always external.

• Members

I agree with this! I never understood the appeal of "Villy" at all!!! I thought they were wasting Billy Miller with Amelia's Victoria and her anemic performance. I never forget that time when Billy dragged an unkept looking Victoria through a bar to prove to her, he wasn't cheating. 

Please register in order to view this content

Not until episodes of Loving popped up in the last few years, I would never know that Amelia was once so energetic and engaging as an actress. 

CIN on DAYS: I think Victoria Konefal is beautiful and an engaging presence, but I would've recast Ciara when she left the show. And I think RSW is a handsome guy but the characters he plays, and the way plays them make me ask myself why did they bring him back? 

That couple went through a decade worth of story in only three and a half years. Both characters needed purpose separately away from each other.

Edited by Forever8

• Members

I knew it was only a matter of time before Brenda or Brenda/Sonny came up and I won't murder you because you did compliment Vanessa lol.  I obviously cannot agree, but the toxicity of their relationship doesn't hold up that well I suppose and in 2010-2011 they were overrated at least as far as what was shown onscreen.  There was a lot of hype, but very little actual development to their relationship.  Brenda should have moved past Sonny decades before, but I still hope they end up together when all is said and done.

I agree about Days couples especially John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla.  They are too perfect and wonderful and while I suppose at their age it makes sense, a lot of the reasons John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla were interesting were their internal conflicts and issues.  Orpheus/deadly diseases/kidnapping/etc every year doesn't make them exciting.

• Members

Truthfully Sonny on GH rules this topic.  At times, even at their most insufferable, I still found Jason and Cary watchable.  I have ff scenes with Maurice for almost a decade.  And each time I stopped watching the show for a handful of years since 2002 it was because of him.  I think he even had character defining scenes during Vanessa’s last year long return, but I skipped a lot of that because I was just so sick of Sonny.  Even Vanessa could not hold me !

• Members

The answer is always gonna be Vincent Irizarry for me.

Please register in order to view this content

AMC from 1990-94 had a lot of great stuff happening, talented performers, and some wonderful moments/episodes but I have no interest in revisiting it, especially all of the Wildwind stuff that took over the show. Only compared to post-1996 AMC does it feel like a golden era. 1995 was awesome, though. Everything afterwards can kick rocks.

• Members

Sonny/Maurice Bernard, they're the same right? Even when I first started watching, all I could think was why is this actress (Sarah Brown at the time) being wasted on HIM? Since then I always wonder how the hell he's been there this long? He should have been killed off years ago! He's marginally attractive at best and stuttering is not acting.