Rachael Ray’s daytime talk show may be ending

• Members

It's not looking good for Rachael.  Personally, I've liked the show better since the pandemic when she got rid of the audience and started cooking in a real kitchen (I despise when an audience cheers every time a chef salts a pot of food), but I guess that's really just a Food Network show, not a daytime talk show.

Rachael Ray’s eponymous daytime talk show may be on the chopping block after 17 seasons, according to TV insiders.

“Her show is ending. This will be the last season,” one industry source speculated.

Another TV source told us they wouldn’t be surprised if the show went away because, “it hasn’t been doing well for a while. It’s easy to forget that it’s even on.”

https://pagesix.com/2023/01/11/rachael-rays-talkshow-may-be-coming-to-an-end/?utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

Meanwhile Tameron Hall is still chugging along and I never hear a word about that show in the press

Edited by j swift

• j swift changed the title to Rachael Ray’s daytime talk show may be ending
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

With the quick cancellation of The Good Dish and failure of The Chew, I wonder if there's an audience for a cooking/chat show? 

The British do it well with their weekend brunch shows, but I think US daytime fans don't find this combination of topics appealing.  Maybe it is the many dietary restrictions of US celebrities that would keep them from appearing on a cooking show?  Or fans just don't like to watch people eat.  But viewers do not support this genre. 

I think that the discussion around cultural appropriation, along with time limits, and the sponsors dictating ingredients, limits the number of recipes that can be demonstrated. I mean how many twenty minute pasta recipes do we need?  After 17 years, I get it, boil the water, saute something, mix the pasta, add the starchy cooking water - done.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I watched her show once or twice. Back in the day when I wasn't thinking healthy foods, I attempted to follow her macaroni-n-cheese burger patty recipe, and let's just say that it was the worst thing I've ever tried along with Joy Behar's lasagna recipe. Geez, man. I don't know what imaginary planet they live on, but at least I tried, lol! Let's just put it that way.

• Members

Good! I hope that she is cancelled. Went to a taping of her show pre-covid and believe me, her' niceness' is a farce. She's nice while the camera is rolling but the second they fade out, she could not care less about the audience. She acknowledged the studio audience once at the beginning of the show but never again, not even during commercial breaks and she was very rude to her behind the scenes crew who prepare her cooking dishes. Yelled at them because they weren't fast enough to get the fake tv dishes out there fast enough. It was an experience. Bye beyatch. Glad you're cancelled.

• Members

The more you know....

I had no idea that Rachael was so insufferable.  But, in hindsight, it is kind of mean that her team (like the younger gay gentleman who would develop recipes, the makeover team, and the Aussie organization guy ) were never featured during the pandemic episodes.  It might have been refreshing (although understandably hard to produce) to show some of the show regulars in their homes contributing information.

• 1 month later...