DOOL- Robert Clary Dies at 96

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

In a facebook post announcing the passing of Robert Clary, Julianna McCarthy (ex-Liz Foster on Y&R) wrote that she was still angry about the disrespect TPTB at the time heaped on him. Janice Lynde (ex-Leslie Brooks) then chimed in and echoed the sentiments. I'm saddened to hear that RC was treated so badly by the show; badly enough for both actresses to still be annoyed about it today. Clary was an asset to Y&R and deserved better.

• Members

They definitely needed to invest more in Robert.

You can tell just by reading the recaps that once the secret about Dougie’s paternity came out, there was pretty much nothing for him to do. Bringing him back a few years later and tying him to the Dimera’s was a good idea though 

• Members

Julianna McCarthy clarified the situation a bit more.

Julianna McCarthy:

Well they wrote him out with no notice or warning He found out from Wardrobe They

had a little farewell party with white frosting ghost cupcakes

He was much loved

But management?

Kay Alden Nelson:

Julianna McCarthy Julianna! I had no idea things happened that way with Robert. I would guess the power battles might have begun by then, because Bill Bell adored that man.

• Members

Bill Bell wrote him back into Days the next year.

Bill made the choice to drop Robert but I guess he assumed that Conboy would alert him in plenty of time and give him a decent send off.

He was the first of the original cast to go so up till that point they had all been working together for over a year.