Soap Opera It Girls

• Members

Who would you say have been each the 4 soaps it girl aka the star for the majority of the current soaps runs, and the it girl as of today. Basically the actress who has carried the show, and received strong audience feedback with not only their characters but pairings for a prominent majority or the current duration of the show. T

i would say:

Bold- Susan, Joanna(80s), KKL Present: Jacqui 

YR- past: Jeanne Cooper, Brenda Dickson, Melody Thomas Scott. Present: Courtney Hope

Gh- Genie Francis, Vannesa Marcil. Present: idk maybe Laura Wright.

days- past: Dedire hall, Alison Sweeney, present: idk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I feel confident in saying that GH's first It Girl is Emily McLaughlin. She would be followed by Denise Alexander, Genie Francis, Emma Samms, Finola Hughes (with Kristina Wagner as the girl-in-waiting), Vanessa Marcil, Sarah Joy Brown and Laura Wright.

As for Days, and of course, subject to opinion, it's Maree Cheatham, Susan Seaforth Hayes (with Denise Alexander as the girl-in-waiting), Deidre Hall, Kristian Alfonso, Mary Beth Evans (with Patsy Pease as the girl-in-waiting), Melissa Reeves, Deidre again (sometimes alongside Eileen Davidson), Allison Sweeney, Arianne Zucker for a while there and I dunno, Victoria Konefal? Linsey Godfrey? Deidre yet again for nostalgia's sake?

Edited by Franko

• Members

Obviously, MyGirl Vanessa owns this thread, but she was a moment/icon/legend......that GH cares nothing about these days lol.  Carly definitely has been the it girl for longer, but GH is weird.  Sam, Courtney, Kate/Connie, Emily, etc.  all were it girls for awhile but then went away.  

I would argue as long as Dee's been on Days (post-1980) she was always the "it girl" even now.  Except for 1992, I can't remember a moment she was truly backburned.  I also considered Kim more important that Kayla.  She had all the drama.   I would also say Christie Clark's Carrie, Lisa Rinna's Billie, CC's Carly, and KS's Belle were very much it girls in their time, but didn't last.

• Members

Well, Sam got a lot of airtime, but she never really developed a personality outside being Jason's appendage.  But her and Dante barely appear anymore.   I still can't believe how little the show uses Dante and a decade ago you couldn't get a day off from him.