Soap Opera It Girls

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Hilarious thing is Erica Got "Old" but her age was never addressed, and with the Kendall recast, she was heavily DeAged, Her birth year Became around 1960, and Lucci really made a good Job looking younger at least until the end of the show, I think they just thought Everything already happened to Erica, and she got her Emmy so, Why Bother? As for Sleazak, well She Still got a heavy presence on the show until it's end, including Emmy Nominations in the later years, they just lost the main Focus

• Members

There is no denying they were older and expensive in a time when all the daytime network people seemed to care about was young demos and budget.

I do think Viki fared better because they didn’t really try to make her glamorous, and her character had more qualities that played towards others.  She was great in her own storyline, but she also worked as a utility player crossing over with others- her family, friends like Karen Wolek, the Banner, etc.  Erica was always so self centered, and I think the show forgot how to use her.  She had a lot of growth in the late 80’s-mid 90’s, and then they would regress her again only she got more shallow each time.  I also think Slezak has more range and the show wrote towards that.

The only thing I credit JFP with in a positive light was recognizing Slezak was being pushed too far off the center stage, and re-investing in her character.