Changes coming to the SON Community

Errol

• Members

As to my opinion on the issue, I am okay with whatever is decided. But, personally I see the value of a "Like" button just because of the reasons you've just stated. And, I never even think of needing a "Dislike" button. So, I guess that means I don't see the need for one. If you're going to differ or disagree with a post I expect you should be ready to briefly say why. Just "dislike" is not enough information to make it worth it. My 8 cents, anyway.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

One suggestion I have, if it's possible.... could we get the option to hide the "community posts" on the sidebar. I'm not always the most up to date in my watching, so a lot of times I inadvertently see spoilers there even if I'm not reading the spoiler section. The spoilers could be things that have aired that I haven't watched yet or actual spoilers that are being discussed in that forum. Even just seeing the titles would be ok, but seeing the texts of the posts sometimes gives away too much. Not the biggest deal in the world, but it would be nice to be able to hide it.

I also had a question... is there a limit on how many posters can be added to a PM and is that expected to change?

• Members

I miss it too but I can see certain posters posting their pity party posts. I use to like putting birthday wishes on it. Now I just PM the birthday guy or gal.

I liked to post news about blu ray releases too something that's not covered on the boards.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

1. I'm on multiple boards with only 'Like' buttons. It actually helps keep down thread size because you don't have multiple people quoting/repeating exactly the same thing. Every board I'm on eliminated the 'dislike' button years ago.

2. Reducing or eliminating footer pics. Some are just far too large, irrelevant and distracting to the conversation. This is the only board I'm on that permits pics in member footer. Pics are only permitted in your profile avatar.

Those changes sound very authoritarian. And give the pages in the varies threads a blandness. Not every posters can write an amazing post. A funny gif or pic pepper the threads a bit. Not saying the threads should be oversaturated with pics and gifs. Pretty much the only thread posters quote each other is the Days thread. The other 3 threads are usually dead.

• Members

Do you mean adding photos to the end of an individual post?

Or do you mean the signature line/pic of the poster that appear automatically under each of their posts (if a member has their account set up with a signature)?

I find signatures distracting too, if the pics are larger or if there is a lot of writing.  It interferes with my flow of reading the thread.  My fix: What I do is set up my *own* account settings to "not see other people's signatures".  That makes it much easier for me to read threads.

The only disadvantage to this: I was not able to see the Vault person's signature, so for a long time I didn't know what people were talking about. Finally I asked what is that, and they explained. So then, for one day, I enabled being able to see signatures - just so I could view that.    Then I switched it back. 

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I use to love having signatures to show support for my favorite character or couple but I kept getting warned that it was too big.  It got so bad that I was scared to come to the boards because I was afraid I'd get another pop up PM warning me about them so I just gave up having one.

I've noticed several signatures that are way too big and are still on posters posts. I guess they never got warned about it.

Edited by Soapsuds