Errol

• Errol unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's a pity. Who are these party-poopers? (lol j/k) Seeing the latest discussion encourages me to check out threads I might not even know existed, or see posts from people I don't normally post with. It opens up my bubble and brings life and dynamism to the board.

Also, you get to see when a thread is red-hot and everyone is posting on there -- usually after some explosive soap news. It brings us all together as a community! LOL

Edited by Cat

• Members

Oh my, what a terrible trauma that must have been for them.... 

Please register in order to view this content

I don't mean to be rude or flippant, but that seems like a very childish thing to complain about. If they happened to see such a thing for a moment far to the right on the page then it's really not that difficult to look somewhere else, is it? Or did it physically hurt them? Did they have to seek medical attention?

I really think people are getting too sensitive these days.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I understand putting posters on Ignore and not wanting to deal with their mess, but it's a given that they may still be around SON. If seeing their post pop up on the Latest Posts section induces a meltdown, I don't know what to say. Just because you put them on Ignore doesn't mean the whole board did. Eventually, the truly egregious trolling ones who harass other posters get banned, so there is that.

It was usually just a snippet. BUt I can understand you don't want to be surprised.

I feel a bit out of the loop because I don't know which threads are hopping at the moment. Even if I don't watch soaps as much anymore, I like to see what's going on and read different posters' thoughts.

Edited by Cat

• Webmaster

There are two separate things on the sidebar right now. "The Latest" lists five semi-random (mostly recent) articles with images as a visual. The idea is to read articles that are published on the website and again, they are generally the more recent articles published on the site. This is generated by algorithms setup by a third party. I have no direct control over it.

"News and TV/Movies Headlines" displays the latest 10 articles posted in the SoapsLine forum.

Correct. Unlike the main website, the SON Community has a large Desktop following which is where the sidebar did come in handy, particularly in showing the most current discussions. The only downside I saw from the feature was that some threads still might not get attention due to most of the current discussion being geared towards more popular threads like you said.

• Members

One should expect not to care for every single post on a message board. I guess some people got upset because they didn't get to kick out a person who didn't fit with their "posting style" or officially moved from highschool to kindegarten drama. 

BTW I liked the latest posts column, because I got a glimpse from threads I usually don't check and visited them from time to time.