DAYS: October 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Well, I thought that he specifically DID have acting chances in BS2. Comparing the Cmdr. to Jason TO ME, he smiled, he used vocal variety, and he was a bit less rigid physically. Granted he was still playing a buttoned up type & was some ramrod straight, but two and half acting choices is the world in difference. But, if they'd written him as a Navy seal who was also charming, garrulous, more physically approachable or even affectionate, etc. sure, I might have seen something closer to the Golden Boy, who I really liked BITD. No way of knowing but I definitely concede the point!

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

John smashed an orchid that Orpheus had arranged to be delivered for Marlena's hospital room.  The orchid had a note enclosed that intentionally taunted John and Marlena - Orpheus' note said that this was not the correct orchid for the cure and that this orchid would die soon just like Marlena, or the note said something to that effect.  John was rightfully pissed at Orpheus.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

For sure.  I am sure we have discussed because I have always thought that.  John doesn't really have much of an identity outside of Marlena and he can obviously do more.

Agreed about Steve too.  But I think you and I think more of Steve Burton's acting abilities than most. 

Please register in order to view this content

I know he can be actually decent/good.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I like the twist in the flower story, where it requires multiple doses and nobody in Salem or beyond is assumed to be smart enough to find where the flower is hidden or synthesize the serum based on a sample. It makes sense to me that Kristen would believe that, though if I were her I'd fear Kate a little more, or maybe take out psychic doppelganger Susan, who they might eventually go to for some impersonation help. 

• Members

Mutliple doses & a booster, yet again this story seems to be piggybacking off of Covid! Why should she fear Kate more? How could having Susan impersonate Kristen benefit them? I want to know what happened to Kayla seeming to see "Ma." And, I want to know why we were shown a car going over a cliff. And, Joey & Stephanie are full siblings with Tripp being a half-sib to each of them, correct? I also want to know where Wendy went. And last but not least, what's up with Sydney? There must be a reason that she was mentioned as needing Sami to be with her right now.

Have you given up watching?

• Members

The boys were gonna mask up & Steve told them no need.

Just like some changes to Covid masking directions.

Is "son of a bitch" new cursing?

It's infuriating that it is somewhere right there where Brady is!

Is Kate in the hospital? I thought she checked herself out?

I loved ALL of this dialog where we saw people really reflecting on what this stuff makes them regret & what it makes them thankful for. I'm thinking, like, where are these writers most of the time? This is actual soapy talk!

More great real family dialog.

I don't know how much longer Rafe should take this?!!

So, who agrees with me that Kristen's ego is so big that she thinks if she buys enough time: Dose 1, time, Dose 2, Time, Booster, Time. ... that by then she thinks she'll have Brady loving her again? Is that her plan?

• Members

The article must have been edited. When you click on it to open it to read it, it says Oct. 15.  Sometimes tweeted articles keep the original headline showing in the tweet - even when the headline within the article is later edited.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Well, congratulations & many happy returns! he seems like such a nice guy, sweet man, etc. as well as talented actor, so how nice for them. I do a double take every time he comes up because I have it in my head that someone else nis named Lucas

I love that Tom Pelphrey has announced that he & Kaley are having a daughter & she has announced it with a picture of him holding up a pee stick & she's had a B&W pic made showing her baby bump & this has all happened in 3 days! I'm excited for them that they're so excited!

• Members

Kristen has got to go. She sounds so pathetic trying to force Brady into being with her, when has a woman forcing a man to love her ever worked? I am so glad that they gave Brady the dialogue which spoke my sentiments. I just have no interest watching this go on for however many weeks, I am sick and tired of Kristen’s machinations.

• Members

I think that Stacy is not up to playing Kristen but even more than that I think the writing has ruined the character. Kristen was never an uber-villain, never got away with everything, never was in everybody's business, never was manic, I could go on! I mean she was a Social Worker with a case load!