DAYS: September 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Members

Eh, after having watched Dark Shadows I don't think you need any of those things to write an enjoyable show.

Not that I want DAYS to become Dark Shadows, but you get my point - soaps have been done on shoe-string budgets before with limited amount of cast appearing in each episode before.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

As much as this murder mystery stinks to high heaven, I'm still trying to post "facts" from watching what I've re-watched (as nauseating as it was) - not alternative facts, okay? Let's not get this twisted. Hahaha!

Please register in order to view this content

No, but Leo Stark squawked about how he's being framed or set up because of the $2 steak knife. There are TWO $2 steak knives:

1. Steak Knife #1: Used by the Leo Stark (a.k.a. the "Tooth Fairy" ) for his steak-n-eggs. Claims he left the knife beside Abigail's gaudy jewelry box.
  2. Steak Knife #2: Used by Lucas when his drunk ass was attempting to cut a lemon. 

Maybe I need to re-watch the Lucas' hypnosis under MarDevil. I know that he claims that he saw "Sarah" coming down the stairs and dropped something. The police suspect that's the murder weapon, but then again (and this is where I perhaps need to re-watch again), there was no mentioning that the knife used at the bar was found. Moreover, no mentioning that the blood found on Steak Knife #2 matched Lucas' blood type. So, two steak knives have been running around the town of Salem until two days ago when Leo found Sonny stabbed in the back (super-spooky and frightening Halloween accessories courtesy of Party City). 

I don't believe it's Craig because Leo isn't worth framing a murder for and Nancy's a big girl. Unless Lucas was that inebriated and thinks he saw some skinny ass white girl go down those stairs, I'm not buying it. If that stupid face mask can also change one's genitalia or body mass index (BMI), then this is beyond the epitome of stupid.

Trust me, I've got a ton of questions, but I don't feel like writing a novel unless someone wants to ask me questions. 

Edited by Noel

• Members

How long was Leo in the tunnels or room off the tunnels?

How long was Gwyneth away from prison & where did she go?

Is Clyde going to pay any penalty for fencing stolen goods?

How bad is Nancy's desperation that she makes every excuse for Clyde?

Could Jan Spears please be the doer?

So, do you think it was Li?

• Members

1. I thought Leo spent the night because he went through the French doors in the back while talking to a picture frame of Chad and Abigail. He woke up the next morning as Thomas discovered Leo (pretending the be the tooth fairy). Thomas served him steak-n-eggs that Harold made (that was intended for someone else (I think it was Belle) in the cellar. 

2. From what I recall, she called Ava and asked her for that favor Ava mentioned to her a while back when Gwyneth (Gwen) was in the notorious interrogation room. How long it actually takes to get from Statesville prison to the DiMera mansion has not been tempted (yet) on Google Maps. How Gwyneth (Gwen) knew the weather forecast or Sarah's wardrobe for rainy weather is beyond me as H&M stores close at 9:00 p.m. As far as reliable transportation, how Gwen is able to get to the local mall is quite questionable. When Gwen left the DiMera mansion, the only thing Abigail threw at her was that face mask and told Gwen that she had ONE HOUR to get her ass back to prison. So, I guess it takes an hour to get from Statesville to the DiMera mansion if anyone in Salem would like to ask Siri or Google. Going back to Gwen, she was nowhere near that gaudy jewelry box of Abigail's. She simply picked up the face mask and left the DiMera mansion.

3. Probably not. They don't seem to care.

4. Divorces are hard. Unless he's well-endowed, I don't understand this character at all unless she needs Clyde as a way to "coat" her feelings of despair, gendered ego, and/or rejection.

5. For a cheeseburger? No. This storyline doesn't center around Belle. If anything, it was probably serving to Jan's advantage as Belle was a guest in EJ's home having sex with him all the time like a mangy mutt in heat.

6. Honestly? I don't see how. Gabi and Li were not shown at all that week before Abigail's murder or the week before that. Plus, the only time we did see them was Wednesday, June 15th (S57E178). Li was on the phone with his assistant Lia and told her that she did good work on the press release (which I think was the announcement of Abigail's murder) and to send it out as soon as possible. Gabi wakes up and before Li has the chance to tell Gabi that Abigail is dead, Gabi receives a notification on her cell phone and is in total disbelief. Li told Gabi that the person who told him about Abigail's murder was EJ. Gabi still doesn't want to believe it and Li confirms that he double-checked with the Salem P.D. and the police confirmed that Abigail was dead. Even after all of that, Gabi still doesn't want to believe it and she mentions something about Andre and his evil machinations, etc. The next thing you know, we don't see them until Beyond Salem in mid-July. Three weeks/close to a month later, Li is talking to Dr. Rolf about how he likes to check-in to all the DiMera Enterprises' assets. The timing to all of this is weird because Dr. Rolf was still in prison. Who takes care of a four-year comatose patient without the patient getting bed sores? Seriously.

What I do find weird is that the way Li first spoke about his father to Gabi on June 15th as Li portrays him in a different light (Yin and yang type). But, when we saw Li's father several days ago, he was a douchebag. I mean, yeah I get it, Li and Gabi shouldn't be having sex in the office. Then again, where else can they go? It's either the office or the hotel suite. Or, another hotel suite in Hong Kong. Unless Abigail found a comatose Stefan in one of the secret labs while she was looking for the tooth fairy (while Li was lurking somewhere), I still can't see Li being the killer because Jake was still alive before Abigail's death. Frankly, finding out the news that a comatose Stefan has been hooked up to breathing tubes would be more important to a journalist than ovulating.

Edited by Noel

• Members

Why does Lynda Hirsch persist in calling Alex by the name Zach in her last two columns?

I assume she gets story outlines in advance, so I wonder if the original plan was to call the character Zach in order not to confuse the audience with Xander?  But, did she also confuse Ned and Justin because of Wally Kurth?  That editor is a mess.

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'm pretty sure the mistake is with Lynda's column.  I don't know if it's Lynda, or her staff, or the website, or what, but the columns have contained name errors and incorrect spoilers from time to time since mid-2020.   When Ron Carlivati got married in the Hamptons to his partner of 16 years... Lynda Hirsch's column reported this exact story but mistakenly said it was Frank Valentini who got married. >link . There have been character names confused in the weekly summaries, too, from time to time.   Or the column mentions something but in the wrong week.   Maybe there was a change in personnel.  Lots of people changed careers during the 2020 lockdown -- and then it takes a long time to find someone new, and then even longer to train them.

Maybe they get summaries in pdf format or audio or something, and then try to type them up manually and make errors?  I dunno.

I'm not going to criticize her or her staff ... goodness knows I make lots of mistakes myself.  We all do the best we can. 

• Members

Clyde is just too lucky by half!

I just can't see past desperation which does not incline me toward liking Nancy.

I just hate Jan Spears so much that being found guilty of murder sounds very appealing!

The idea that hired peeps took care of Stefan's body for 4 yrs while Rolf was in prison make me think that someone writing this badly wanted it to be, even though it's not credible.

I have no idea who did it.

• Members

I used to like Jan back in the day as she was so full of sweet spirit. Now, I don't pay attention to her. Sure, I listen to her at times, but for the most part, I don't pay that girl no mind. She's a joke. If anything, she sould be grateful to not be living in that Hobby Lobby shack that Belle and Shawn have the audacity to call a home.

• Members

At this point, they should just kill Jan off.

Have Orpheus kill her and take the baby. Then Shawn and Belle can fight for custody which puts him at odds with them and with John, Marlena, etc. Therefore he finally has a reason to target all of them instead of just being a ball breaker who kidnaps people for no reason lol 

• Members

These fake out dreams are so lazy, done to death, and worse, completely obvious.

I did get a chuckle out of Sonny’s wtf expression at the end, what a way to wake up.

Can we please retire Alex’s glasses. The dramatic whipping them off is so cliché. I figured out who he reminds me of:

• Members

Sometimes I feel like Salem's abodes should be entered via turnstile.

The glasses & on & off & playing with them, it was old & tired the first week. Now he's got me grimacing & thinking when I played the shrink in a community theatre offering of "Nightwatch" that I looked ridiculous playing with eyeglasses & no one told me!