Days 8/29/2022 Weekly Preview Promo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Stopped watching after the first season. But that's a teen show that airs as little as 18 episodes a season after less than a decade on the air. I can't compare it to a show that's been on the air for 57 years, but at the same time viewers knew what they were getting when both shows began. DAYS can adjust with a clean slate of characters and make a quick adjustment to quality, Riverdale can't because shows like that can't transition with a clean slate. It tends to lead to their demise.

My ultimate point is that DAYS hasn't always been camp and the amount of episodes it has to produce each year, exclusively for streaming, won't work with pure camp.

• Members

To be fair, not many people have, it's ratings are terrible lmao.

Errol's right, the show can't survive on streaming being mindless drivel that I'm sure for the majority of the audience left it's just habit and treated like background noise.

• Members

It's not successful in linear ratings no, but it still has sizeable audience on streaming since it appeals to the 18-34 demographic. Which is the point. Nonsense can survive on streaming and I don't think there's necessarily a quality-meter as to what survives on streaming.

Of course, DAYS would've needed to make a big splash and a soft reboot to get people to watch it instead of doing this wet far thing, but that's another issue.