DAYS: August 2022 Discussion Thread ⌛

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

At the very least just acknowledge Alex looks like Ben and call it a day.  I don't even care if they don't explain it.  Just say it's a really weird coincidence.

That would be ideal and I think VK is a good actress and has a great look, but has she ever booked anything outside of Days?  Not to be mean, but it doesn't seem like she had any other projects during her absences.  All I see on her wiki is stuff she did before Days.

• Members

While I think it's possible for her to land such a job, a huge thing for those streaming series is that they don't really tend to end up paying the bills because they're usually so short (8-10 episodes and maybe two/three months work and long breaks). There was a story the other month about one of the Euphoria actresses really struggling to make ends meet outside the show.

Maybe she'll be able to make enough money on doing "social media influencer" work, but that seems like a "job" that will probably go on a downward trend as we're entering a huge recession...

Edited by te.

• Members

Seriously, I want to take that straw and stick it in Alex's eye 

Please register in order to view this content

The writers kind of dropped the ball by not having Alex and Gabi already know each other, but then again, maybe Sonny organized that on purpose to keep his pervy ass brother away from Gabi 

All the more reason that TN could have played a Weston 

• Members

I think RSW has one of the highest guarantees.  But then again I think Deidre has topped the episode count overall the last two years and I feel like we go a full month sometimes without seeing Marlena, so RSW might just be more *noticeable* being on all the time because everyone hates Alex.

• Members

Alex is better than Ben. I said it. Not sure what it means. Alex remains a throwaway. Especially when Justin is MIA and Anjelica is dead. DAYS misses the mark again. Chanel/Allie saved those scenes big time.

Who asked for Kristen/Brady/Chloe again? Kristen seems so above both of them. Eileen's Kristen wouldn't subject herself to bothering.

It was nice to see Paulina/Abe and Roman lasted the whole episode. Also nice to see Kate and Lucas. Certainly a better episode than yesterday, though not a high bar.

Time to give Quan a shot as HW. Though I suppose he bears some blame for the state of the show being so ... meh.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Oh there's an obnoxious difference IMO but I see what you're saying. He's basically playing AMC Pete as a HO with shades of boring Ben. It's such a waste of Alex Kiriakis as a character. Just let RSW go (hey CW with their 58 year old demo). He can get another gig. You have Joey, Andrew, Tripp, Paul, etc. just waiting in the wings. (Paul/Andrew would give hotSonny something to do while Will is MIA filming Hallmark movies; though Tinker can easily book roles ... they better use him)

As someone who wanted Alex this is such a let down. The glasses and hair were NETWORK NOTES. Is NBC that high on him? Again, no offense to RSW; I can separate actor and character.

And now Stephanie is going to be wasted on him. Sadly it feels Stephanie/Alex are easy Philip/Ciara 'replacements'. 

I suppose they could explain away Anjelica's heart attack as her faking it. We've had that before, right? I think I'm grasping at any hope to make him interesting or worth the airtime spent on him.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Ron still acts like he has no actual investment. Abby killed (Marci Miller so got the Guy Wilson treatment in terms of the character being expendable). Laura killed. I'd rather watch Laura rant and rave at Kate or Nancy. I digress ...

No casting call at all? Of course not.

• Members

Wilson as Pete Cortlandt on AMC had a lot of swagger but also some of the arrogance and imperious temper of James Mitchell's Palmer, his father, and that was in the writing - Pete wasn't just a hunky dreamboat Prince Charming. He also was overcompensating for his geeky adolescence, which Colby Chandler brought up often. Again, RW is no thespian but he played what they gave him well with decent writing. He is likely not capable of playing two unique characters on the same show, let alone selling a reformed serial killer to an audience, but the writing is also doing him no favors and never has.

Edited by Vee