DAYS: Tidbits from new Soap Opera Digest...

• Members

The caption on the cover reads "DAYS OF OUR LIVES: Tension on the set!"

The story inside?

Backstage buzz says that Melissa Reeves is leaving the show again.

Also, it appears that negotiations between Days and NBC are getting very tense.

So... there you have it. Guess we can say bye-bye to not only Missy Reeves, but the entire cast very soon.

So long, Salem! It was nice knowin' ya.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, the negotiations are always tense. That´s nothing new. And about Missy, this is SOD, they have their reporters on set. Is it so much trouble to ask Missy if she is leaving or not? This is probably just another internet rumour which has found its way into mags.

• Members

Why is SOD so suprised that negoiations are tense? They reported that they are always tense when they said that Days and Sony were going to into negiotions. Sounds like Days couldn't get any real scoop and or what is happening next week is boring. SOD went the tabloid route with Days and told us stuff that we already knew from rumors on the net.

• Members

Well, I would not be shocked if Missy left. She really hasn't had much of a storyline in years and she can't be very happy about the on-air usage of her friend/co-star Matt Ashford. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised with her husband's country western singing career if they might be considering a move east to be closer to Nashville.

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

• Members

Nothing new there. I still don't really think Missy is gonna leave I just think the fact that she bought a home in Tennessee sparked rumors. JER has big plans for her and Jack and if they leave he will recast unless he decides to just scrap the story.

Days is going nowhere Kenny. If NBC messes up ABC will be right there. This just adds fuel to the fire with everything going on. Negotiations are always tense but given the amount of press sicne the 40th Days has got and the new Daytime heads only being on board since December I don't think they want to get rid of their shows yet. Not until given the chance and they aren;t gonna let go of their money show in Days.

We shall see I guess-any spoilers or articles of note in SOD?

• Members

Byebye, Missy!

If negotiations go badly, we will ALL be saying goodbye to two soaps.

Scenario #1: DAYS is cancelled. DAYS and PSNS are both canned.

Scenario #2: DAYS goes to ABC. OLTL or AMC will likely be cancelled.

• Members

Well although this is nothing new, it only adds to the whole intensity of the situation that SEEMS to be brewing at DAYS.

When the show's future is up in the air, it CANNOT be a good atmosphere on set, everyone is tense and worried.

As for the Missy rumours, I am going to wait until I hear from Missy herself before I believe them...SOD is just adding wind to what was a very small fire with this one...it certainly sounds like they picked it up off the net.

I guess we will have to wait, we will hear something soon though people because March is almost over.

• Members

Actually we will be saying goodbye to 5 soaps. If Days goes to ABC and OLTL or AMC is canned, it will be the death of ABC daytime, too. ABC is already walk a fine line with their fans as it is. Picking up Days when AMC, OLTL, and GH are in so much trouble will be the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Members

Well, the Missy rumours could be very well part of a buildup for the upcoming J/J/F story. You know, first they uncertain as, and week or two later there is going to be cover with a huge title saying "Jennifer/Frankie finally lovers! Jack is back!" And inside Missy will coment the rumour saying she is not leaving at all, she fully understands James needed some time to build the story and she is excited to read each new script to see where the story is heading.

Classic way SOD sells.

• Members

Maybe Missy is thinking about leaving daytime because her husband, Scott Reeves wants to return to datyime. They usually do that, don't they? While one parent is working, the other is home taking care of the children. That's what Missy did back in the mid-late-90s, while Scott was shining on Y&R as Ryan. Then, when Missy returned to DAYS in 2000, that's when Ryan was killed.

• Members

You're partially right but Missy didn't leave completely of her own choosing that time. From the way I understood thing Scott made her quit. And wasn't she supposed to be getting close to one of her castmates. I remember reading alot of stuff about that. They finally came to terms with it all and she returned. Of course I don't think Scott Reeves wanted to leave daytime when he did either. From what I remember didn't Y&R fire him.

I don't think he would really return to daytime right now. He is really enjoying singing.

Maybe someone can fill in on the details of all the Missy and Scott stuff. I don't have the mags here anymore but I do remember something going on there and she was forced to quit.

• Members

Negotiations are always tense. Back in '03 it was said that the cancellation notice was already written up to announce to the fans. Corday was holding out because he didn't want to agree to Reilly writing the show.

If NBC is still behind Passions, then I'm sure they want Days to remain also.

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if NBC cans Days. They have absolutely no respect for the daytime industry, or for shows rich with history (see Another World). I would totally watch if Days did get snatched up by another network. Itd be nice for it to jump ship before the ship its currently on goes down in flames.

• Members

Thanks for sharing, Kenny!

But like everyone said nothing new here. Negotiations are tense. Oooh, big deal! Aren't ALL negotations tense. Everyone wants something, people clash, big deal.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to Days yet. It's not looking great, but I'm not ready to give up.

And honestly, I CANNOT see ABC picking up Days. I just don't. As for Passions, I can see NBC having just one soap. I really can.

Archived