DAYS: Tidbits from new Soap Opera Digest...

• Members

I can definitely see NBC cancelling Days. SO I wouldn't be surprise.

With all these rumors circulating, something has to be going on though.

April is next week, so hopefully there will be a press release soon, or maybe something in the next weeks SOD.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The rumors all seem to involve either Matt Ashford, Missy Reeves or Billy Warlock, or all 3 leaving the show soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Jack/Jen are reunited, and then they leave Salem for good.

However, the latest spoilers give me some hope Reilly has plans for a longterm Jack/Jen/Frankie SL.

Matt Ashford in particular likes working on DAYS. If he has the guarantee of a decent SL for Jack, I think he'd renew his contract.

As for DAYS future - the cancellation rumor comes up every week. Until I read or hear something official, I'll be sceptical about the rumors.

• Members

And ABC has no respect for its shows. If they did, they would have canned Frons a long time ago. ABC does not need Days. ABC has enough problems of their own. Days fans want better for their show and I get that but most ABC fans feel the same way about their soaps. . If Days comes to ABC, ABC's daytime days will be numbered even more than they already are.

• Members

I know in years past, ABC was rumored to go after Days. That said, *IF* NBC cancels Days, I just can't see ABC rescuing the show right now. Ratings are lower everywhere...and less affiliates may want to give any sort of clearance for another soap to ABC. (I say this because I don't see ABC axing OLTL for Days. It would have to be squeezed in.)

Honestly, there's no room on ABC. IF NBC axes Days, I think it would be the end at a little over 40 years. Sad as hell...but if NBC could cancel both AW and SFT at their 35-year mark, anything is possible.

• Members

If ABC were to can one of there shows whether it was OLTL or AMC in favour of DAYS... it wouldn't go over very good.... there would be such a massive outcry........ ABC would be April Fools to do such a thing....

• Members

No offense, but I'd hardly call it dramatic since a cancellation announcement was all but written up during the last round of negotiations before Days was renewed at virtually the 12th hour. I'd call it sadly realistic. Especially when you consider the outrageous number of soaps that NBC has cancelled over the last twenty years against CBS and ABC combined.

I no longer watch Days, haven't in ages. But I'd be sad to see it cancelled because it would hurt what is left of the entire genre. Still, it is a VERY REAL possibility, sadly.

• Members

I am just gonna hold out hope that NBC keeps it or it gets picked up.

I really think they will stay because NBC seemed really behind them in recent months since the 40th. Plus, Days' ratings (as far as HH go) are the same as they were during the last negotiation so Corday can point that out and compare that with the other shows that have fallen during the span.

Again I think the Missy rumors and this whole tense negotiation thing are a little overblown. I know Days was close to ending in 2003 but let's remember at that time ratings were not as bad for all shows so Days looked alot worse and had lost alot in months leading up to that point. Things are bad now for all of daytime and Days has really stayed the same since the last time.

I will just think positive I guess.

Archived