ARTICLE: Josh Kelly Reveals How a Text Exchange with ‘General Hospital’ EP Frank Valentini Led to a Contract Role

• Members

I'll say it. He probably was a hoe and sent a D pic. The job market isn't easy out there and sometimes you got to stoop down to secure you a bag. Even if he didn't send no nasty picture he knew exactly what he was doing when he texted that man.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Okay, calm down, champ. We all have many valid issues with Frank Valentini's GH without needing to jump immediately to old gay panic tropes and painting him as Les Moonves or Josh Kelly as Richard Gere in American Gigolo.

• Members

I think the innuendo and tone of the comments in here are borderline toxic.  Even if you don't like his recent creative choices, there's no reason to impugn Frank Valentini's character.  No actor has ever said a bad word about Valentini's professionalism in 20 years, unlike other producers of daytime soaps whose malfeasance (Rauche) and terrible hiring practices ("FOJ") are public record.  Josh Kelly is the best addition to the GH cast since they brought Spencer back.  He can act, does well with comedy and drama, and is very easy on the eyes (I don't know why they've introduced him with the unflattering scruffy look, though).  I'd much rather see him on my screen than basically most of GH's aging male leads or the bland Brando.

Edited by BrendaB

• Members

It is not news that GH is now said to have FOFs. It is not news that GH is now said to have a large number of OLTL alums. It is not news that GH is now said to have a cast of thousands! which is exaggeration but likley means that the cast is too big. And, it is certainly not something to question and/or critique hiring from an informal "I need a job." communication rather than the standard way of identifying a cast member who is needed & go looking for someone to fit the bill. As to whether people got carried away, I don't think that means we throw out the baby with that bath water.

• Members

FV may hire all the actors he likes and it can be annoying at times

But nothing has come out about asking for sexual favors in order to get jobs. That is where I believe @BrendaB comment about being toxic came from

Edited by John

• Members

So, if you're Frank's buddy, text him, or bump into him in a parking lot, you too can be a GH star! 

Ridiculous.

So another useless character. Where is Lucky? Still chasing the "darkness"? Nice of TIIC to make him a deadbeat just like his own poor excuse for a father.

Edited by Wendy

• Members

It's not a good look for Frank. Several actors have now publicly stated how they got their jobs and the characters have not been particularly popular. Whatever happened to the writers creating a character, they hold auditions and then make a decision based on seeing many people for the role. Now, all it takes is a text to the EP. SMH.

• Members

The difference between all those other castings you all are complaining about and Josh Kelly is that he has auditioned for dozens of roles on film and television and gotten them.  He's gotten those roles because he has the acting chops for drama, comedy and classic, All-American good looks.  He's also a vet, so acting is his second career.  He's a solid lead for a soap.

The negative reception is way overboard.  And, yes, defaming 2 actual human beings by implying and outright saying there was sexual favors given/received in the hiring process is beyond gross.

Please register in order to view this content