Y&R June 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was nice to see Diane finally get the upper hand today on Phyllis today. Watching Phyllis completely unravel and shake her breasts in front of Diane was hilarious, it’s probably been the most entertaining Stafford as Phyllis has been in years. 

• Members

The older Susan Walters gets, the closer her performance as Diane feels to Alex Donnelly’s. Not the unbridled rage part, but the calm knowingness to really see through someone and get under their skin. AD just happened to have it at a much younger age. As good as she could be during her initial run, SW didn’t really have the gravitas for it in her younger years. 

Imani finally showed some fire with Amanda. Allie, OTOH, looks ready to be played.

• Members

Is it just me or is something about Kyle keeping Ashland away from Harrison just doesn't sit right? I'm not condoning what Ashland has done but until literally a year ago, Ashland was the only father he knew and was raised by and he clearly adores him.

Edited by ChickenNuggetz92

• Errol featured this topic
  • Members

It actually annoys me as well that he’s been completely removed from Harrison’s life by people that have known the kid what? A year?

Phyllis completely losing her marbles just because Diane is back is amazing. She and Jack shouldn’t ever be together anyway given she’s cheated on him I believe at least three times. So anything that ruins this reunion is fine by me.

I’m not sure who made the decision to FINALLY start using Imani regularly, but I fully support it.

• Members

Imani is a delight to watch.

Diane drives the story and makes this show watchable.

New Summer has been wonderful so far, it’s refreshing to see a classy mature and warmth yet with an actual edginess to her. 

I could see Jack and Diane as becoming friends, but I don’t think the show would actually go there yet. Insane sure, but OOC for Jack? Given this is the same man who married Sharon, Dr. Emily Peterson, and almost married Genevieve in succession after quickie courtships and also had a brief affair with Gloria, it’s actually not at all OOC for him LMAO. 

• Members

Yeah, given that Jack has a history of juggling two women...Phyllis and that character Cady Mclain play recent past comes to mind...I would not at all see it as OOC for Jack. Especially when (not if) Phyllis snaps on Diane. 

But insane...for sure as well. 

That was something I noticed as well during the Nikki vs Diane scene I saw. As much as I miss AD, there has been times SW has been channeling her and God bless her for that. I was worried that since it was AD and MW's versions of Diane that really interacted with the Newmans, that that would be lost, but she has been doing great...staying haunted for the most part, but sllooowly and surely bringing out old Diane.

• Members

It's not just you. I find it disgusting actually. Lying to your child about a serious illness is despicable. But, Harrison doesn't know the nitty gritty of it. Ashland is his father and always will be because of the emotional bond. Harrison staying with Kyle and Summer for six months in Italy doesn't erase that bond.

I have never been fond of the character and I preferred Richard in the role but I'd much rather watch Ashland fight Kyle in court than bend over to his demands.

And I feel Tara should be mentioned as well. Summer is a parent to Harrison, a stepmother but she's not his mother.

I like how unapologetic Imani is. I find it annoying that Amanda is trying to change her behavior. Imani's an adult. She doesn't want to change and she doesn't have to. Amanda chose to hire her.

I'm very surprised at how much I'm enjoying Diane. There's an elegance and intelligence and strength about her I enjoy. I loved how she responded to Phyllis' PDA.

• Members

Interesting to see the show for now seems to be making Phyllis the loose canon while humanizing Ashland. I get the feeling someone continues to do a lot of rewriting.

With Daniel calling does anyone know what the Graz is up to these days? I think I last saw him on All Rise in a guest spot a couple years back. 

• Members

I like that they aren’t just playing Phyllis as “Lady Boss Bitch,” as they have since MS returned. They are leaning into her insecurities and self-destructive nature.

I can’t with Victoria. I want her off my screen. (By the way, what’s going on with Amelia Heinle and Thad Luckinbill?)

I’ve been very curious about Graz. He was also on S.W.A.T. with Shemar a couple of seasons ago. Daniel should at least pop in regularly.