• Members

I'm sorry for derailing things by mentioning the rumored estrangement. I have never heard anything negative about Susan Lucci (beyond the untrue SMG stuff) or Liza Huber and both have led very respectable public lives, so my intent wasn't to make either of them the villain. I just was hopeful it wasn't as it appeared to be or that they had mended fences. It's sad to see they haven't reconciled, but hopeful someway they can in the future.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don’t think it’s derailing to discuss what is publicly discussed by Liza herself! I’ll echo only ever having heard good things about La Lucci. Many years ago, when the daytime Emmy’s were still a big deal, I was walking past the red carpet in NYC without realizing what it was. There was a large group of fans behind police barricades hoping for a glimpse of their favorites. I saw many soap stars walk by and give the fans a wave, but Susan stopped to take pictures and chat. This isn’t to say she’s perfect, but I think she genuinely was gracious to her fans. 

• Members

I don't think it's derailing to discuss the rift when Liza has made it a matter of public record re: their family and her father's death. What I objected to was gossip early about how Susan was supposedly a bitch BTS at AMC (something never really substantiated in 40+ years) in the thread about her husband's passing.

Others have mentioned it, but Susan and Liza were clearly working together closely re: Liza's son's illness as recently as 2016. It's just a shame things have gone back and forth for them.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Something tells me Susan would have refrained from dropping that kind of news on social media or anywhere else, especially in light of the circumstances.

IOW: Liza chose her father's death to start some [!@#$%^&*] with her grieving mother (and on [!@#$%^&*] social media) and that's just bad manners.

Edited by Khan

• Members

But she COULD have declined to respond at all.  She could have ignored the question - which wouldn't have been the first time a public figure ignored a question posed on their social media feed - or she could have asked that everyone respect the family's privacy at this time (or words to that effect).

I'm just saying, with everyone obviously thinking of Susan and the rest of the Huber/Lucci family right now, Liza picked the wrong time - no matter how innocent her intentions - to bring the drama.  Leave that mess on the soaps where it belongs, lol. 

Edited by Khan

• Members

I know from personal experience that grief can make us do some crazy things, lol. These must be very tense and highly emotional times for the Huber family - her father's death and perhaps lack of outreach from her mother during this time can be enough of a perfect storm for an irrational decision or two. God knows I've been there in similar circumstances.

• Members

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for Liza to get a steady stream of condolences from well-intentioned strangers when her relationship with her parents isn’t what most imagine. My heart goes out to their family.

• Members

Or maybe no one is a bitch and Love and Family are complicated and everyone can do things they think are best that end up hurting others and people don't handle situations well enough that it doesn't escalate to the point no one knows how to step back from it.

It is not movies where everything is black and white. Sometimes everyone can have a point and a reason to do what they do and be in good faith and still hurt people they care about in a way they can't take back.

I am OK with the gossip but trying to assign blame on the dispute or pass judgement on how people are handling HH's passing, going to the funeral or not, without one single piece of information about the situation actually is seems rather futile to me.

• Members

Exactly. These things are not always so simple. If she wasn’t given the information for the private services or told flat out that it’s preferred that she not be there, it is what it is. I’ve seen similar situations play out in my own family, not to mention children of the departed who refuse to attend the funerals of their own parents. We don’t know the intimate details of this family’s various relationships. I pray that Liza finds her own way to mourn her father’s passing that brings her peace.