• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's very interesting that Liza had responded with a simple and elegant 'Thank you' to basically every single comment about Helmut's passing and then she decided to post that one. 

Estrangements happen in families and some are trivial and some are healthy and some are neither of those things...this type of display is just sad.

• Members

Some of you have posted some really thoughtful and genuinely kind respects in lieu of Susan Lucci's loss... that stem from your very personal appreciation of her work. But some of the rest of you...

Personally, I don't think the private lives of this (any) family, in the event of their grief, should be left up for speculation by strangers on this board. And if you think to identify your "concern" under the auspice of being a "fan"? Please note this is not fandom. This is not even of a caring nature. This is being a gossip and bordering on schadenfreude.  

If the same thing was happening to you, in your life, I would hope someone would show you some grace. 

And to a prior poster about the decorating tastes of Ms. Lucci in her own home - maybe you should share a video of your place, so we can understand what true decorating style is? Maybe it overcompensates for your inability to display tact. 

• Members

Susan Lucci is amazing, an icon, and loved. I personally love her. I'm very sorry that she lost Helmut. I know it has to be devastating. I followed her IG posts with him included, and watched live with him standing by her side in 1999 when she finally won.

I ALSO find it incredibly intriguing to know about her relationship with Liza. What happened?? They were on talk shows together as recent as 2015 speaking about Liza's son and his medical condition. 

Susan is a loved public figure, and Liza made this recent public post on Instagram. 

It's not private at this point... like it or not.

It's not a dig at anyone.. no one is perfect. I'm just very curious as to what happened to cause the rift. 

It's like if two of my family members had a falling out. I would want to know why.

• Members

Ok I'll bite.

Firstly, I was expressing a personal opinion about the decor of Ms Lucci's home. I didn't realize that was not allowed or deemed unacceptable. I did state that taste is a very personal thing and two people can have differing opinions.

Secondly, I have no need to show a video of my home, but if I did, as Susan Lucci chose to do, I would expect that not everyone would like  the decor/design and might comment to that effect.

• Members

To play devil's advocate, we are still in times of COVID and I had a death in the family during the pandemic and the only people allowed at the funeral were those that were allowed bc there was a cap on number of people that could gather. 

• Members

I’ve seen the “rumor” about a falling out btwn Liza and her mom on this very forum years ago. This isn’t the first time Liza has said they had a falling out. I’ve seen some speculation of what it’s about but nothing solid. It’s very sad that they can’t mend fences in this difficult time. I’m sure her grandchildren would be of great comfort to her right now.  

• Members

This topic is already derailed, so why the hell not? Anyway, I know Liza attended and was part of the wedding for her brother (Andres) in 2017, Susan and Helmut were obviously there as well. So, this estrangement likely occurred over the past 5 years or so.

And Liza could have easily wanted to prevent this type of scene from playing out, hence not attending (whether she was “invited” or not)