Y&R and B&B April (and late March) spoilers

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Y&R: April 2022 soapcentral interview with Kelsey Wang 
(mostly spoiler-free,
but posting in the spoiler section to be safe)
https://www.soapcentral.com/young-and-restless/news/2022/0412-kelsey-wang-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-on-allies-future-in-genoa-city.php

Quoting a few snippets from the very long interview:

"Allie has a very different perspective -- at least, that's really what I want to bring to the character and the show. She did not grow up in Genoa City. She didn't even really grow up in the U.S. -- her and Keemo were in Vietnam for quite a while before they moved to L.A. -- so, she did not come from this world of wealth, she did not come from this world of privilege. She's an incredibly motivated, hard-working woman who is very smart and very grounded. She's young, and losing a parent so early and having a mom who is estranged, there is a sense of being lost and being overwhelmed. Imagine if you find the Abbott family after losing your dad and not having a relationship with your mom. [Laughs] But Allie knows where she comes from, and she's incredibly grounded in that, but she's also a little lost, and she's trying to find herself and also find the sense of who she is with these people. And she grows tremendously as a person, her confidence with these people grows, as well."

"But I really do love that Allie is someone who is good and kind. It's really empowering to see a character like that who has a different perspective. I'm so excited for this opportunity, and I think it's a wonderful role. I'm very happy that they're writing such a wonderful, three-dimensional role for an Asian American actress. I don't think that the race defines the character in any way, but I think it's wonderful to have that aspect of Allie, as well."

"I am so grateful that they created this character and that they're investing in her and giving her so much depth. She's wonderfully three dimensional, and I can only hope that I can add myself and make her a person that has flaws as well as strengths. Right now, she's at this spot where she is so unsure about her place in the world -- her whole world changed overnight, essentially, and she's about to come to a new city and a new place -- and I just want her to flourish. I want her to find herself, and I want her to find her strength and confidence and really grow into a wonderful [part] of the Abbott family."

Those are just snippets. 

The entire interview is worth reading, in my opinion.

• Kelsey talks about her background, training, experience, etc.  Very interesting.

• And she talks about how the other Abbotts will react to Allie's presence in Genoa City.

• And Allie's dating life in Genoa City.

https://www.soapcentral.com/young-and-restless/news/2022/0412-kelsey-wang-interview-the-young-and-the-restless-on-allies-future-in-genoa-city.php

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Another way they could cover JMW's maternity leave would be to have the people who made the Hope doll make a Steffy one, backburner her for a while but insert the Steffy doll in the background for family scenes where she should be there.
Never been done before either!

• Members

Can someone enlighten me on what the so-called never been done before or whatever twist was? Or is it still to be revealed?

Instead of the ridiculous coma scenes, they couldn't film scenes with Rick in Paris in an independent story. For example,  Steffy and Rick plotting to bring someone down. A independent story that wouldn't be contingent on much else happening.

• Members

B&B: Friday 22 April 2022 - updated:
-Taylor stands her ground with Brooke and Hope about Steffy's treatment.
-Sheila's anxiety skyrockets as it seems the walls are closing in around her.
-Sheila's anxiety skyrockets when Deputy Chief Baker questions Steffy.

Week of 25 April - no date listed:
-Steffy gets emotional when Liam pays a visit.
-Worried that Steffy will point to her, Sheila decides to finish the job.
-Hope and Bridget urge Brooke to not give up on Ridge.

• Members

Y&R "next week" sneak peek preview clips
for week of 18 April
This is the lead-up to the crash.

Same "next week" preview clips on YT

This one is DIFFERENT -
this is the actual crash:

Y&R promo for week of 18 April: Victoria's crash

Here is another copy of same Victoria's Crash promo - which should be internationally viewable:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Y&R spoiler hints:

Note: It is difficult to determine when some scenes will air. 
Normally Y&R has a tape-to-airdate gap of about 5 weeks, (sometimes longer or shorter depending on vacation/dark weeks).
Furthermore, when there is a big event or a special set, they might need to film out of order, so as to accommodate needs for crew, cast, sets, special effects, etc.

March 24, 2022: Missy Claire Egan posted her wardrobe and accessories/props on her Instagram story and then deleted it right away. Those who saw it noticed that she included a driver's license.  
This does not mean that Chelsea is driving. 
She could be a passenger, and the police check her ID. 
Maybe she needs to show ID in order to enter an event/venue/hospital/etc.
All we know is that Chelsea's license is shown onscreen.

Jordi Vilasuso said he taped his final scenes during week of 21 March. (We already know that he was let go from the show).

Confirmed: Airing week of April 18:
-Chelsea, Connor, and Rey make definite plans to go to the hockey game together in Chicago.  
This is confirmed via an official preview clip from the show, in which Sharon tells Chelsea it is fine for the Chelsea and Connor to attend the hockey game with Rey.
* The only confirmation is that they *plan* to go.
* Who (if anyone) actually goes is not yet clear.
* If they go, we don't yet know who drives.
* They could possibly take two cars.

Confirmed: Airing week of April 18:
* Victoria is in an auto accident.
* Per the preview clips video: Victoria is driving while on phone to Nikki. She has both hands on the wheel and is watching the road, so the phone must be on speaker. She is in tears about Ashland but watching the road. She is talking with Nikki when she sees a bright light and screams, and a crash happens.
* Per the weekly promo video: Someone's car hits a tree and is set afire.

* Neither the preview clips nor the promo show *why* Victoria is in the accident.  Did the car skid due to road conditions? Was Victoria swerving to avoid something/someone?

From SOD: Week of 18 April with no specific date:
-Jack does damage control.
-Victoria finds herself in the hot seat.
-Phyllis puts her guard up.

Daily spoilers (via Cable guide and SOD)

Monday, April 18, 2022
Victor backs Ashland into a corner. 
Jack reaches out to Kyle.
Phyllis calls Diane's bluff.

Tuesday, April 19, 2022
Victoria forces Ashland to come clean.
Nikki receives a distress call.
Chelsea and Sharon clear the air about Rey.

Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Victor takes control to help Victoria.
Sharon experiences déjà vu.
Sally catches Adam off guard.

Thursday, April 21, 2022
Victor and Nikki are stunned by Ashland's actions.
Nick delivers shocking news.

Friday, April 22, 2022
Victor gives Ashland his marching orders.
Victoria struggles with her new normal.
Adam supports Chelsea.

SOD: Week of 25 April with no specific date:
-Victor gives Adam a warning.
-Nikki confronts Diane.
-Jack delivers shocking news.
-Sharon receives a surprise invitation.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Ashland finally admits his lies to Victoria

Week of 11th April: Adam offered a huge sum of money - to bribe Ashland to leave Victoria and leave Newman-Locke.  Victor agreed to fund the bribe.  Ashland said he would accept this arrangement.

Monday 18 April US (Friday 15 April Canada)
Victoria convinces Ashland that she is ready to leave Genoa City with him for good. Victoria tells Ashland she is ready to move to Tuscany with him.
Then Ashland goes to Adam's office to sign the papers to remove himself from Newman-Locke and to annul his marriage with Victoria. Ashland signs all the documents, and Victor transfers the funds into Ashland's account.

Tues-Fri April 18-22:

After Ashland signs the papers to remove himself from Newman-Locke, Victoria tells Ashland she never planned to go away with him. She tells him that she had known he was lying about the cancer, but had only pretended to believe him so that he would sign away his stake in Newman/Locke.

Ashland tells Victoria that they can still start over somewhere else and he still wants to leave town with her.  Victoria thinks Ashland is delusional, because there is no way she would leave with him now.

Victoria says she just wants to hear Ashland admit to her face that he had lied about the cancer.  Ashland finally admits that he lied about all of it. 

Then Ashland tells Victoria that when he started his elaborate scheme, he hadn't planned to fall so deeply in love with her.  She wonders if this confession of love is just another scam.

Victoria later gets in an auto accident.