Y&R and B&B April (and late March) spoilers

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Why are Teriah having a 1970s-themed wedding?  It was Noah's idea of course.   The show is written that Tessa's semi-stalker Noah has to give his input on everything and Teriah have to tell Noah he has wonderful ideas.  (gag) It's really offensive.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

B&B hyped their big story for weeks and it's been widely panned; while Y&R kept quiet about Diane's return until days before and it seems to be a winner with fans. Go figure - a character that was killed 10 years with a recast, returns on canvas and works, while B&B invested a lot of promo and it's a bomb - so far.

• Members

The results of Victoria's car accident (and the other cars/characters involved).

From the two Canadian recap sites:
These are both recaps for the same episode
- Tues. 19 April Canada (Wed. 20 April USA)

* This recap is written in chronological order, and it's two pages long.
https://www.young-restless.com/2022/04/19/tuesday-april-19th-2022/ 

--

* This recap of same episode has each storyline in its own section, with photos, scroll down to read all the sections:
https://soapsspoilers.com/the-young-and-the-restless/recaps/ashland-saves-victoria-accident-rey-dead

Both of the above recaps tell what *all* the characters are doing, including those worried about the missing Victoria and the missing Rey.

Here is my imperfect recounting of just the Victoria/Ashland piece (there's nothing much about Rey in the episode).

(supposedly) three separate cars.  Each had one driver and no passengers.
1. Victoria in first car.
2. Ashland in second car who was supposedly following her.
3. Rey was supposedly in the oncoming car.

In the previous episode, Rey realized he had left the hockey tickets in his other jacket at Sharon&Rey's home. He left Chelsea and Connor at Crimson Lights and went home to get them.

At the end of this episode, we learn that Chance had received a phonecall from Rey.  Rey had successfully retrieved the hockey tickets from Sharon&Rey's home and was on his way back to Crimson Lights to meet Chelsea and Connor.

(That's all we know about Rey until the very end of this episode)

This episode starts with:
We see Victoria temporarily unconscious in her crashed car. The car has hit a tree.
We see Ashland in a different crashed car, nearby.

Ashland sees that Victoria's car has caught on fire. Ashland tries to call for help from his phone but it seemingly doesn't work. (I think he's trying to get a signal but he could be turning his phone off for all I know). He tosses the phone aside.

Ashland rescues Victoria.  Brings her to a (convenient) random empty cabin nearby. His hand looks burned (supposedly from opening her car door which was hot from the fire), but it's hard to say what's real here.

Victoria very soon regains consciousness. Has an injured knee only. Her mind is fully aware.  Her first reaction to seeing Ashland is "Get the F away from me!".  He starts telling her what happened. She knows he's a lying a-hole.  He tells her to lie still. She won't.  

She wonders why the police aren't there. He says his phone broke in the crash.  Victoria looks for her phone and doesn't have it on her.  Ashland says he'll go to look for her phone inside her burning car, and exits the cabin.
As soon as he leaves, she tries to stand up, but her knee won't let her.

Ashland comes back and says he couldn't find her phone.  The discuss the accidents.  

At one point, she notices his burned hand which he says he got from opening her hot car door. She sarcastically/scathingly says something like she's shocked he'd actually do anything nice.  He has not won her over.

The kicker to Ashland's story is this:
He reminds Victoria of his shady past -- that many years ago, the *REAL* Ashland Locke was his friend who died in a car crash with him. He left his friend in the burning car and stole his identity.
So now he tells Victoria that he couldn't repeat that so he had to rescue her from her burning car.

She's still skeptical.

They discuss the accidents. He tells her little bits of it. He doesn't want her to worry her little head about it, and tells her to lie still. She's angry. He keeps hiding from her the details of the accidents, and she keeps confronting him to just tell her everything.  She's pissed off.  She says she knows he lies and hides things. Eventually, in pieces, he tells his whole story.

Ashland tells Victoria this elaborate story. (in bits and pieces):
He says he was worried about Victoria after their argument (i.e. after she angrily dumped him LOL). He noticed that she was upset and that the weather was foggy, so he decided to follow her. He says he didn't want the fog to hurt her the way he had hurt her. (really!) Victoria remembers that there were oncoming headlights in her face just before she crashed.  The oncoming car had gone into her lane and was about to hit her.  Ashland says she swerved to avoid that car and that's when she hit the tree. Ashland then says that because he had been following her car, the oncoming car was headed right at him. He said that this oncoming car clipped Ashland's car, and then went into a ditch. He doesn't want to say more.  Victoria insists that he tell ALL of it.  Then he claims to have checked on the driver of the car in the ditch.  He says the driver was dead.  Victoria knows he's hiding more and tells him to say it.  He tells her the dead driver is Rey.

But ... The only thing the viewers are shown are Victoria and Ashland in separate crashed cars.  We don't see how Ashland crashed. We see only that he had crashed.  We see only him in a crashed car.  And then he gets out of his car to rescue Victoria.

We see that somebody's car headlights were shining in Victoria's face - but that car was not shown.  The viewers do not see the car in the ditch.  The viewers do not see Ashland check on the car. Rey and his car are not shown to the viewers at all.   I don't know if Ashland is telling the truth about Rey or Rey's car.

I still don't really know what happened with Rey.  Are they really going to have him die offscreen because he was in the wrong lane due to fog?  Srsly?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

@janea4old Yeah it’s strange if this is Rey’s death but what’s more like interesting is how just about every story going before Diane’s return has come to a screeching halt aside from the Ashland reveal. I’m not sure what happened but it seems to me that something has forced a deliberate change of course direction the show is headed in. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

With any luck, he will be.

But I must admit that I've had this idea of Sharon shocked to see Dylan again -- not just b/c he's back in GC, but also because he's put on a ton of weight since he entered the Federal Witness Relocation Program (with the explanation that he's been working at a bakery).  Dylan would hope he and Sharon could pick up where they left off now that the people who were after him have been caught and/or killed, but could Sharon look past his physical changes and rediscover what she once loved about him?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Chelsea's son Connor has been bonding with Rey (mostly offscreen) but apparently a lot over the past year.

Some of it started when Chelsea was released from the prison/mental institution where she'd been confined after poisoning Rey etc.  She was allowed to leave to go home to take care of her sick mother Anita in another state, but she had to remain in police oversight.  So Rey was charged with accompanying Chelsea and Connor out of state to Anita's place.  He was there a while. When she seemed stable, he returned to Genoa City.  She remained at Anita's. I might have some of the details wrong, but you get the idea.
(Chelsea leaving town to care for her mother ... was how the show wrote in Missy Claire Egan's maternity leave.)

I guess Connor and Rey began to bond during that trip.  This relationship is something the show wrote in (retconned?) to be a fact at some point ...

In the past few months Rey and Connor have apparently been connecting in Genoa City *offscreen*.
(I got this from comments that the adults have made onscreen referencing this).

The past few episodes have shown lots of Rey/Connor *onscreen* connecting with banter at Crimson Lights. And how they were going to watch the professional hockey game tonight ... and they discussed plans for maybe in the next week or two, that Connor would show Rey how to do some hockey moves.  Etc. etc.

So with Rey's unexpected death, Connor will be sad.  I guess he is currently more bonded with Rey than Adam (as another plot device).

All of this *seemed* to be leading to the Chelsea/Rey affair we had expected.  But then Jordi was suddenly let go.

There's a spoiler for later this week "Adam supports Chelsea" so I guess he'll be there for her (and hopefully for Connor) when they learn of Rey's death.

What comes next?  It seems like Adam will stay with Sally.  Connor and Chelsea will be grieving Rey, I guess?

During today's Canadian episode - Victor and Nikki were aware of Victoria's accident since she was on speakerphone to Nikki when it happened, and Nikki heard Victoria scream and the sound of the crash (VIctor was sitting beside Nikki when she was on the phone with Victoria).   Victor immediately notified Nick and Adam that Victoria was missing might have been in a car accident.

I had to laugh because, of course, nobody bothered to notify Abby.  Neither the Abbotts nor the Newmans include Abby in any important family stuff anymore.  It's like she doesn't exist.

It seems to me that Chance will play a role in the accident aftermath. 
Chance is now the only cop in Genoa City!
(Paul exists only in rare conversational mentions - but Paul hasn't been onscreen for a couple of years.)
Obviously Chance will be investigating the car accidents.

Rey was Chance's police partner. I would assume that both Chance and Nick will act as support for the widow Sharon.

I think Chance will try to comfort Connor.  Just speculating! (There's no spoilers about this at all), Just random wild speculating.  It's just that when a police officer dies, their partner often checks on the children who are associated with the deceased partner.

The whole Chance/Abby pairing is dismal.  Speculation: Will they pivot Chance away from Abby and over to Chelsea? Who knows.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

so... not only are they still trying to make Ashland/Vic happen, despite the tepid response from fans, they are making Vic kill forever fan fave Sharon's husband? It's like they WANT people to actively dislike Vic/Ashland even tho they stay shoving them down our throats. Yikes. 

Please register in order to view this content