• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Checks out lol!

Could you even imagine bringing back DJ?  Deidre Hall probably forgot she had a pairing before Roman lol.  I lowkey don't want to put this in the universe, but I thought the whole Alex North nonsense was leading to a child between them that was given up and bitter and resentful. 

Edited by carolineg

• Members

Just to go in adifferent direction, I was thinking about the 80's supercouples

Roman/John/Marlena

Bo/Hope

Shane/Kimberley

Steve/Kayla

Each had their time in the spotlight.

When Roman and Marlena married, Bo and Hope were ready to take over and so on.

So throughout the 80's Days had at least one supercouple in the midst of angst with others at various stages of their relationship.

And with other couples in the background-Pete/Melissa, Neil/Liz etc

All of the supercouples featured a Brady and had action/adventure elements.

By 88 with Steve and Kayla wed, there was no similar template couple ready to step up.

Mike/April, Justin/Adrienne,Jennifer/Emilio etc didn't have the same larger than life appeal.

So that era was over, either by design or poor planning. It got to the point that Tanner/Molly were being pushed.

Who could have been the next supercouple?

Days was fresh out of Bradys. 

• Members

McPherson and Thomas completely axed the hospital, which I always found to be such a weird move. We occasionally saw some weird hospital room set -- I know Bo had some health crisis while Hope was in "Alamainia" (smh) with John -- but we didn't see that main nurses' station area for a whole year. Melanie, who was a nurse, started doing Botox at the spa, and Kayla was working behind the bar at the Pub. Maxine didn't appear for the entire year. We got the main hospital set back, like, the first week of Tomlin and Whitesell's return, as well as Melanie greeting Maxine. 

(Also, hi!)

McPherson & Thomas's stint really should have worked. I don't know what level of interference there was, but there were no stories being told. It was just a lot of setup. Everyone was getting new, random job offers, many of which went nowhere. It felt to me like a lot of well intentioned and poorly executed fan service. And I wound up liking a lot of what McPherson did with the AMC reboot a year later!

Justin/Adrienne seemed to get the big supercouple push, though I've always regarded them as a secondary supercouple, and then Jack/Jennifer were there, so that era kind of stretched itself into 1990-91. But you're right -- by the time Tanner and Molly were being pushed as the Next Big Thing (or a Thing at all!), things had really nosedived. This was also an era where, for the first time in over a decade, Days was telling love stories with characters who had a lot of onscreen history, often in a second or third "big love" -- you had Marlena returning and being torn between Roman and John, Bo moving on after Hope's death with Carly, and even Kayla and Shane turning to one another. Totally different sort of storytelling than they'd done in the 80s.

• Members

I would say it was the latest divorce (perhaps she should have switched to email earlier and spent more on makeup and less on fan mail?):

In court papers obtained by RadarOnline.com, Deidre claims that her monthly salary from her corporation, Panache was more $28k a month. Emphasis is on the word WAS. The income and expense court document states, "The primary source of Ms. Hall's income in 2008 was from her work on the television program, "Days of Our Lives." As this Court knows, in mid-December of last year, Ms. Hall was terminated from that employment....due to her termination from "Days of Our Lives" she is going to have to utilize the assets she has accumulated and the income generated by those assets to maintain her and the children's lifestyle."

The court papers also reveal that Deidre has spent over $7,000 on make-up, $6,000 on fan mail and photos.