Days of Our Lives: March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, but Nancy gave her up for adoption as a teen without telling Craig and there was a mystery for awhile who Chloe's dad was-it seemed at one point it was Stefano or perhaps one of her dad's friends raped her, but it turned out to be Craig after all that.  

• Members

This island stuff is so bad. Kristen endlessly waving a gun around and, of course, escaping. This Renee stuff is AWFUL on so many levels. At least they spared us from seeing LG and TP kiss. And now we have amnesia chicken.

At least Anna was a lot of fun today. It's great seeing her more. 

• Members

It can be cultural/regional. I have always called my father Daddy, just like my mother, aunt, and uncles called their father Daddy (almost sounds like “Deity” the way they pronounce it).

i remember people posting their annoyance with OLTL’s Antonio and Cristian calling Carlotta “Mami”, and I’m like, keep your grubby fingers off their culture, they ain’t doing nothing wrong.

• Members

Yeah, I totally understand it can be regional/cultural.  Nothing about Chloe as a character and the evolution of her relationship with Craig leads me to believe she would call him "Daddy" though.  I believe Nancy used to call her own father as Daddy though.  And I have heard Marlena refer to her own parents as Mama and Daddy and use the term "your daddy" in reference to John/Roman while speaking to Belle/Sami, so they could have picked it up.

Anyhow, it's just something personally I don't like.  It's almost cliche for female soap characters to call their father's "Daddy" and in most cases I find it cloying.  Honestly, there are much bigger issues on Days than whether I like Chloe calling Craig "daddy", so no big deal lol.

• Members

Basically I think the backstory was that Craig and Nancy were high school sweethearts until (and I'm not entirely sure of this next part) Nancy's father split them up. Nancy was then raped by a business associate of her father's and erroneously thought that the rapist was Chloe's father so gave her up (Again I think her father may have played some part in convincing Nancy to give the child up). Years passed and Craig and Nancy reunited and married shortly before coming to Salem in '98 (in fact I'm pretty sure that in '97 when Craig was first introduced at the medical conference Mike and Carrie he was with a completely differently named woman at the time but six months later he was with Nancy - although that all may have been a retcon). Eventually Chloe came back into Nancy's life and when Chloe came down with Leukemia they tracked down Nancy's rapist only to learn that he was sterile. Craig then ran a DNA test and learned he was Chloe's father.