Y&R March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Listen, the show pairing characters that should really not be together is an age-old tradition. Christine/Michael was considerably viler.

BUT at least SC and MM had really fantastic chemistry as Sharon and Adam. A lot of people still felt strongly against it but it at least made sense based on the chemistry that they went there

What could they possibly have seen in Rey/Chelsea that would make it make sense for them to character-assassinate Rey to pair them together? There is nothing. No interesting story potential, no chemistry, nothing.

• Members

I think the show should cut there losses with Rey and Chelsea and rid Genoa City of both of them. Along with Kevin, Chloe, and Michael. Keep Lauren though. As I've posted before, I'd love for a Jack/Lauren pairing to stir things up.  This, in my opinion, would be a decent start of cleaning up the show. Though many others could go as well. Chance, Abby, Faith, Moses, Ashland. If the show needs to save money (and show doesn't?), that's 10 characters right there. Billy could kill Ashland and go away. That would make 11 (and no more damn podcasts!).

• Members

As I said, I am not talking about the merits of the story, simply making a cold-eye point about why writers write what they write.
I am not comparing which story is more or less stupid on-screen.
I am saying I understood WHY the writers chanced it with Shadam because of the chemistry and I don't understand what they think Chelsea/Rey is bringing to the table.
What's the potential payoff there? There is not even chemistry. So... why?

• Members

Because Josh NEEDS the redundant Chelsea character, even though no one else does. And  I do like Melissa Claire Egan. The point of Chelsea went out the window years ago.

Chelsea and Rey are dull AF.  Neither adds anything more to the show. Shipping Chelsea to work with or against the Forresters on B&B would be a good way to keep MCE in the "family".  Hell, she could go there and trash talk Sally.

Chelsea's scenes with boring  Rey remind me of the years of Hope and boring ass Rafe on DOOL.

Edited by slick jones

• Members

I’m guessing they want to play up the Chelsea/Sharon rivalry more than anything, as they’ve really blanked on a decent story for SC since the cancer, but also they have zero idea of what to do with JV (one of the few male options in her age group) or MCE (whom JG loves). I think she’s talented but Chelsea has never really worked for me. If he really wants to keep her, why not try her with Nate, where there’s more chemistry?

Edited by Faulkner