General Hospital March 2022 Discussion Thread

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

For those who say Trina will just be sent to jail for the tape, she didnt leak. There is no way her mom, her Dad who is a cop and Ava will let he just get thrown under the bus. I can also see Spencer playing nice with Esme but Helping Trina.

• Members

Thank you.

I'm even liking some of the little subplots going on, but I admit perhaps some of them (Esme's connection to Ryan, the divorce letter) have gone on too long. In the case of the letter, I completely forgot about it. So...that means Curtis is still married to Jordan, right? Well...??? Uh oh? 

+ 1

• Members

That picture gets me in the feels.

Well since you asked.

I would say the pictures attached to this post. But I would add the following (not sure of all the soaps you followed)...

DAYS: The Last Blast Crew (Shawn, Belle, Phillip, Mimi, Chloe mainly though I felt the other teens brought something)

Y&R: The Glow by Jabot kids (Billy, Mac, JT, Raul, Brittany, Rianna)

They were usually introduced correctly (introduced slowly and/or by a friend member that audiences cared about) and then spun off into their own stories once the writers felt the audience was used to them. And they usually did KID things. Hey, Billy and Mac was my Sprina back in the day. hehe. Both developed characters separately, but together...mmmmm a supercouple in the making. And then they had their own set of potential drama on top of them being a Romeo/Juliet couple. 

• Members

As far as teen scenes I prefer when the actors are slightly older.  Sure Brenda and Jagger didn't look like anyone I went to high school with, but it wasn't creepy watching sex scenes or them doing more adult stuff.  They were in their early 20's and it did show, but there was no Andrea Zuckerman in the room.  I think it makes it easier to transition the characters into adult stories as well.  Sure, Brenda was about 22 and had been through 2 major relationships, marriages, and engagements, but they also didn't saddle this set with kids and marriage at 18 like shows tend to do as well.

I would say Emily/Nik/Lucky/Liz/Zander were more wholesome, but just as successful.

I feel like with the Joss set they were super young IRL and we were waiting forever for them to do anything but face tragedy and multiple family problems.  Even young looking KMc was allowed to have sex.  These teens are wholesome without any fun.

• Members

Yeah, I must admit...I've been so used to seeing Andrea Zuckermans as teens on shows that I'm just not used to seeing actual teens be teens on shows.

Please register in order to view this content

But that's why Brenda's teen set, the 4 Muskeeteers, and the examples I mentioned above on DAYS and Y&R stood out. Sure they had some crazy stuff happen to them, but they STILL behaved like teens. I think my love for Liz speaks for itself. She has always been around for me when I seriously started to watch GH so she has always resonated with me since I was a teen when she was a teen. That inner strength. 

IKR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spencer's return rebooted this teen set in sooooo many ways. Good ways that needed to be done and allowed them to get to being and acting like teens. I am at the part of my viewing when Esme dropped the bomb on Joss/Cam and I couldn't help but like that there was so many peers for them now to (hopefully) play off on. It made up for the lack of people (though we know why *glares at CoVid) at Spencer's party that introduced Esme. 

• Members

Brenda's set and Liz's set still felt like real teens.  Joss's teen set felt like really sanitized teens.  You want Joss to be more than she is as Carly/Jax's daughter.  She should be a spoiled, rebellious brat and she's practically saintly.  It's not like Joss couldn't move out of that later.  Brenda was an awful teen, Liz was bratty-they became heroines.  It's a character evolving.  

I hope Spencer/Esme really do shake this up.  I think GH desperately needs a gay/bi teen (obvi-Brenda's son) to help this along as well.  These teens just seem so lame.  It's 2022.  Brenda/Jagger were having sex in the Nurse's office 30 years ago.  This is the age of streaming.  I am not suggesting Euphoria, but Joss and co aren't any fun at all.

• Members

Two that I can think of right off the bat:

1) Greg (Laurence Lau)/Jenny (Kim Delaney)/Jesse (Darnell Williams)/Angie (Debbi Morgan)/Liza (Marcy Walker)/Tad (Michael E. Knight)/Amanda (Amanda Bearse)/Alfred (Bill Timoney) on AMC.

2) Phillip (Grant Aleksander)/Beth (Judi Evans)/Rick (Michael O'Leary)/Mindy (Krista Tesreau) on GL.

• Members

Well tbf Joss used to be a Children of the Corn.

Please register in order to view this content

I definitely think there is always time to turn Joss into a true Carly daughter. I would not even be surprised they do that with her growing rivalry with Esme if they go there with Esme/Cam.

I definitely think Spencer/Esme have done a good job shaking them up. Not so much serious drama...though it's still there. Yeah compared to other shows AND past teen sets, I can see what you are saying. But I like them. Well, I like them now, lol. Perhaps it's the build to getting them to college. 

• Members

Joss to me is like Belle on Days.  You want them to be so much more than they are, you know?  Belle has always been boring and so has Joss.  They have so much history to build on and act out as teens, but don't. 

I think Eden is a capable actress, but very, very bland.  She looks the part of Carly's daughter but just doesn't bring it for me.  Carly and Jax are such big, iconic* characters it's a shame their daughter is so pedestrian. 

*I consider Jax iconic still despite Ingo