Characters: The Aborted & The Wasted

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Talking About AW 

ALICE MATTHEWS FRAME NEARLY CORY

Talk about a Wasted and Aborted Character, Pat also seemed interesting but I'm not very well acquainted with her

Well that's your opinion, I'll take it because I didn't get the chance to see much of her

• Members

Tim was a great choice to bring back! Definitely needed the same care and attention that they gave to Leo And Ryan. I have finally accepted the fact that AMC wasn't a show that cared too much about history. If it wasn't some silly trivia Tad the Cad mess or stuff with Erica they couldn't care any less.

Lorie has to be my ultimate fave Y&R character. Yes, she needed to be recast. She was the show, and deserve to stick around along with Jill.

• Members

Maybe its my head but Carla Borelli had the Sexiness Lorie had, but i'm not sure how she would do

They didn't seem to know what to do with Alice in the early 1980's, or on Jacquie's Return or her return in 1989, I would have loved that they had brought Alice Back to the show and reestarted the Feud between her and Rachel because Rachel married Carl her daughter's killer

• Members

I Must agree Lorie was 21 in 1973, Tina being born in 1934 was way too old, especially if she was 14 years older Than either Victoria or Janice, it's not like Beth Maitland who was just a year older than Eileen Davidson and played her little sister, 

• Members

GL

Sean.  He was on the island with Reva.  Quickly upgraded to contract and given history with Ben Warren.  His ex-wife faked her death and he was on the lam for it and Ben was involved with it.  Sean quickly disappeared after that.  

Sugar Hill.  The record producer working with Jesse and Dru.  He was gonna be a spoiler in the relationship but Taye Diggs hit it big and was gone.

Sean Reardon.  Bridget and Matt's dad appeared for about a week.  His character was kinda similar to Buzz's 

Cain.  Originally Cain and Reva was going to be a Beauty and the Beast type romance but they decided to make Cain a villain.

Harley's Prison Cellmate played by Linda Dano.  Seemed like there was a possibility  of her sticking around for awhile like Abby's celibate Selina years prior.  Dano's character mentioned having a daughter.

J Chamberlain.  First of all he should've kept him as AJ Cjambetlain and developed his character more. Yet another wasted legacy character like Ben Reade.

ATWT

Bryan Montgomery.  So much wasted potential.  He could've been blinded or in a coma to get a similar effect.

Evan Walsh IV and Dani.  More wasted legacy characters.  

Camille.  She should've been John Dixons daughter.  They were hinting at it so hard with no payoff.

Judi Evans character that had a fling with Holden.  She really gave a filler character some serious presence.  I would've  preferred her sticking around over recasting Lilly.

Edited by Spoon

• Members

I liked Sean..despite his muscle boy Island Hunk thing, he had good chemistry with Reva and believe it or not Dinah. He reminded me a bit of Fletcher when he first came on and he had loads of friendship chemistry with all the women, from Hillary, to Maureen, to Reva (I actually liked both Reva and Fletcher best at that point..they were working together and were friends..the show stunk at that time but got that right) this was of course before they started shoving Fletch into romances with all the divas and Hammer started chewind scenery and stepping on everyone's lines..I wonder why they didn't put him with Holly..she needed a hunk in her bed and she would be okay with his rather ambiguous vibe.

Was he really named..."Sugar"? That sounds like a pimp on Starsky and Hutch...anyway, I HATE record producing storylines and GL has a bad track record with them..(remember the Infinity storyline when Lujack became a hot recording talent???) But I can't imagine dippy Jesse would have anything on Tye but..

I remember Pam Long saying it was going to be like a Tarzan and Jane thing, but really, what was the direction she was headed in? How far could that have gone? I was glad they just made him a pyscho and loved the hilarious scene of him holding equally crazy bitchy Claire hostage on the bridge. Wasnt he also wanted for his wife's murder?

Dano I think just did that as a favor for Wheeler and to keep her union credentials? We had enough ladies of that age, Alex, Holly, Van, who were on recurring and they didnt know how to write for. Anway, speaking of Selena I think she would have fared better if they kept her in the Bauer sphere...she was living in the garage apartment and I think she would have made an interesting romance with a recast Ed. Instead they suffled her off to Coopertown and she began competing with Deas on scenery chewing and PDA tried to manufacture a super couple of the two of them with the unlikely name of Suzz!

What a waste. Ethan Erickson was of course, good looking and seemed to have some talent. He had at least more talent then the guy playing Jesse, but the problem was that Chelle was the only one in his age range, and as try as she might, McTavish could not make people swallow cousin love..even if they werent bio cousins...this was of course before Jonathon and Tams revolted a lot of the audience. I never understood why they just didnt follow his Uncle Matt and go for an older woman..I would have much rather watched Reva have a sexual thing with AJ then..Buzz. Imagine Nola finding out that Reva was doing her little boy.