Days of Our Lives: December 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

Definite mistake.

She's a workable piece of the canvas with legitimate ties and rivalries. Jack, Jennifer, Abby, Kate, Kristen, Marlena, etc. I mean damn.

She shouldn't have died like that. Not without a last hurrah or something. But Ron didn't know who she was and she didn't qualify as iconic (to him) so in the rug she goes.

Edited by KLN

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course!  That would be my first order of business: remove Josh Taylor as Roman, bring back Wayne Northrop the next day, and then, a month or so later, bring back Josh as Chris Kositchek, and not make a big deal about any of it.

Even worse, with SSH/Julie getting on in years, and DH/Marlena not exactly the strong, capable, professional woman she used to be, Laura was a good candidate to replace Frances Reid/Alice as DAYS' new central matriarch.

• Members

It irritates me thinking about it.

There are plenty of actresses with enough range to play Laura, uptight professional grandmother, sometimes borderline schizo romantic rival with legitimate ties to the whole damn town, starting with Kate and Kristen. Marlena. Her whole branch of the Horton family tree.

What a waste killing her off.

An even bigger waste killing her the way he did.

Damn Ron.

Tragic. I like her hair though.

Edited by KLN

• Members

The show features Will and Sonny, as heteronormative, wholesome and unremarkable as two gay men will ever be on a soap.

The repeated jokes around Leo's predatory behavior do suck but if people decide to draw conclusion about gay men based on that one character who crosses boundaries with consent on a show that features a murderer and a rapist among its STRAIGHT leading men, I think we can safely say it has more to do with them than with the show.

• Members

Valid.

Art is subjective. 

I'm a gay male with a robust sex drive but the way they write Leo... I dunno. It's not my favorite thing.

Toying with consent is a slippery slope but I can't argue with the points you made.

Edited by KLN

• Members

I mean, my expectations were low for the devil stuff so I get the criticism, but overall I find everything more watchable than it was even 6 months ago.  There were many times when I would skip days/weeks because I hated everything and I am not saying days is running on all cylinders, but there is more than one story/one character/etc that I enjoy.  Even when the devil stuff is ridiculous (and it is all the time) I can't say I am not entertained even if I am laughing at them.  I have definite issues with Ron, but with the movie and spinoff show, I am feeling very positive about Days trajectory and it's been years since I thought that way.

• Members

I actually had to look up who the hell Colin Murphy is.

I agree, but I was never a fan of the OG possession storyline either. But at least Deidre looked like she was having fun with it and Drake and his eyebrows were at least taking it seriously. With that said, they could've used it better so far - I feel like there's been so many storylines that are standstill and characters that are stuck in the same rut that they could've used "the devil" as an excuse to shake that up.

• Members

Colin Murphy was Bo's cousin. Him and Jennifer first met in Africa and had a romance which ended badly. Colin was loyal to Dimera family and worked for Tony/Andre during 2000's. Raymond Grant, who was the executor of Stefano's estate had given Colin a silver bullet with instructions to kill Bo. Larry Welch obtained dirt on Colin blackmailing him to work for him now and to get rid of Bo. Colin was thought to be shot and killed but he was very much alive with the other survivors on New Salem. He was last seen and presumed to be lost at sea.

• Members

Yeah, I remembered him when I looked him up... but he just wasn't a memorable character overall. I think this shows the weakness of Ron if he's bringing him back - Ron seems to love to dig into history, but at the same time he hasn't got the history with the show to judge if someone's really relevant to bring back.

• Members

The most memorable thing about Colin was his vacant model girlfriend and how excited she was to go to Hope's potty... party, in 2001.

She had an interesting accent.

I can't imagine why they'd bring Colin back, he was a pretty big flop of a character. I definitely didn't like the actor.

Edited by KLN

• Members

Did Colin have beef with Marlena? I remember some of the suspects in his “murder” but she wasn’t one of them.

I’m with you guys lol There were things that I didn’t like and things that I thought could’ve have been done differently but overall I didn’t have a problem with Possession 2.0

Edited by AbcNbc247