Shocking Truth | General Hospital promo (week of November 29, 2021)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Any smart writer, would use this as a time to reset Carly as a character, she's lost Jason, she's on the verge of losing Sonny to Nina, there's a massive turning point for the character here, but honestly I won't hold my breath to see anything substantial happen to Carly as a character after Jason's 1000th presumed death. 

• Members

It would be a great opportunity but Carly’s life is so hollow now.  And over explored at the same time.  Too many years have left nothing to grab hold of, and there are literally no avenues currently set up for her to change course.  She owns the hotel already.  We met her dad and that turned out not great.  Everything was revealed about Nelle. Jason is gone so she doesn’t have a player to complain about Sonny with that has the same issues with him.  No AJ to create another Monica/Alan dynamic and reinvigorate her.  Michael is with a bland character with no conflict with Carly.  It reminds me of the period of time Laura was just miserable between Lucky’s death and then Luke telling her he was alive.  She was just there, grieving, while everyone else was involved in the motions of the story.  Except she at least had better day to day writing to hold onto, even if there was no actual story for her.

They have almost completely removed her from having a point of view that makes any sense and anywhere to go IMO.  They could cast a new love interest, but they have to build it up somehow.  For the first time in a long time, I feel there was/is natural story for Sonny and even Jason already there and set up.  But not for Carly.

• Members

There's ways to do new things with Carly. But it would require investment in changing key things on the show and with the couples, and for me it would require Sean Kanan as A.J. (he'll be free again soon enough, that's B&B for you) and yes - Sarah Brown. I love Laura Wright and I think she does great work if you can't get the original, but I have never not wanted Sarah back and that'll never change. Would I work with LW if she was the only option of the two? Sure.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The writers and show runner have no interest in changing Carly. They think current version is the heroine we want.  But I would love for Carly to have a true reckoning with herself. I think LW could pull it off, I just don’t think the show thinks fans want that. She will definitely be blaming Britt for this. 

• Members

A hot (and possibly unpopular) take on Carly - I liked her prior scenes with RH, so why not try a Carly and Austin pairing?  There is built in conflict because Austin is fighting for his part of the Quartermaine fortune, and Michael wants to maintain his place in the family, so if Carly got in the middle there are a number of possibilities.

• Members

Yeah, I was running over here to say the same @j swift.

Carly and Todd was a good coupling and it would be interesting if we must keep RH if they tried to test if the two of them still had chemistry. 

That said...I would be down for Carly...losing Jason and then Sonny to Nina...having a breakdown. Other than when JB was in the role, they really have not touched on her breakdown in a long while. 

• Members

With IR and SB firing themselves and Sonny likely turning to Ninny, viable screen partners for Carly <cough> should be A.J. <cough> I would chem test her with Cameron Mathison, put her in scenes with Shawn and Finn. Ultimately, I'd like to see her decide to be alone  for a little while, focusing on her kids and career and unexpectedly finding herself falling for Drew-- who by that time started caring about Elizabeth....   JMO

• Members

Every time I see FV or LW interviewed about Carly's upcoming storylines, they always say "...and of course Carly stomps in and throws her weight around, because that's Carly being Carly!" Basically, the show has a specific, one-dimensional view of the character, and they keep it simple like that because they assume that fans live for Carly 'kicking ass' and being a 'boss.' And LW, who is both popular and polarizing, delivers on that characterization. 

GH missed a trick with the Jason wedding. Jason has always been the one who got away. Sonny was kind of Carly's second choice back in the day because Jason never really wanted her. And Carly was able to suppress that rejection because she had Jason emotionally tied to her via Michael for years. She put up with being friend-zoned for +2 decades, but the wedding should have been the dam breaking for her, where finally, FINALLY, Jason was going to be all hers. Finally she had another chance to make him fall in love with her the way she had always been with him. And then Sonny comes back, and of course she HAS to get back with Sonny but... And thereupon we have new storyline of five people featuring Carly, Jason Britt, Sonny and Nina, and with Carly perhaps no longer willing to keep her frustrated desire under lock-and-key anymore.  And with Jason presumed dead, this could send Carly in a tailspin where she is forced to come to terms with having her 'second chance' with Jason nipped from her grasp. Anyhoo, I'm doing what a lot of viewers do which is "If I was HWing this sh!t..."

Edited by Cat