B&B November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think it may be too late now, because too much has happened to undermine Brooke's credibility as a maternal/family oriented character. She came close in the late 90s during the Amber/Rick storyline. After Hope's birth when she was staying in Stephanie's guest house and Stephanie was helping her was also a possible turning point.

Now, I think it would be harder. In order for Brooke to have an inner Stephanie she needs to actually care about keeping her family together, and that goes beyond merely disapproving of someone's choice of a love interest. She also needs to display a calculating side in order to achieve her goals. And she needs to monitor herself for behavior that could harm her loved ones. 

• Members

I enjoyed today's show. It was a bit "meatier" than B&B has been in a while. I thought that the Jack/Li scenes were interesting. TK and especially NM did good work in the reveal scenes today. Her reaction and the look she gave to learning that Jack was really Finn's biological father was soapy. And I continue to like Finn and that he's a good hearted character. I am interested in seeing how he responds when he learns the truth about Jack being his biological father.  I also like the Thomas/Paris/Zende stuff. Zende is going to propose to Paris, but Thomas has feelings for her. I am interested in seeing how things play out in there. 

• Members

I don't like the disappearing characters on B&B that leave without an explanation.  Zende acts like Paris is his first love and never mentions that he's recently divorced.  Where's his ex-sister in law Maya and her child (Brooke's grand daughter) Lizzie?  RJ just dropped off the earth and nobody even mentions him.  When was the last time Brooke or Eric even mentioned Rick?  I understand moving on with new characters, but they could close out the old with one of their flimsy explanations.

Edited by Ponds

• Members

I enjoyed today's show and have been enjoying it in general lately. I like that lately we have been seeing more of an ensemble and that multiple storylines have been featured. I've really been enjoying the stuff with Jack/Li lately. I like NM as Li and how she is holding Jack accountable for his actions. I also like the "caught up" look that TK has been portraying as Jack has to face the music regarding his actions. I like how Li is mature and composed as she's dealing with Jack and making him own up to what he did. NM and TK have been excellent in their scenes recently and I have noticed them getting a lot of compliments/appreciation, at least on places like Twitter.

I am also enjoying Finn and continue to enjoy Thomas/Paris and their story with Zende. I think that looks that Thomas gives Paris are very romantic. He really looked like she had rejected him today when she said she was unsure of whether or not she could have dinner with him. I am looking forward to seeing how that story plays out and I do think he will declare feelings for her soon. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I haven't seen it in ages, but I agree with that sentiment.  No thanks.  She doesn't make me want to watch and I heard people like her and Deacon, but I'm just not interested.  Her antics are 25 years ago for me and from the little I've read, everyone is dumbed down for her.  I felt the same with Quinn though when she was eating the show.  But with Kimberlin, I can't help but think about the person she is IRL, just like the last Thorne/Ego Rademacher.  Meh.