B&B November 2021 Discussion Thread

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Agreed. She was really good this week and I like her new hairstyle.   I’m enjoying this family drama.  The show was actually watchable this week. 

Only three replies so far?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I think something's happened between Bradley and  Katherine Kelly Lang... I remembered when she was his favourite... year after year Brooke dominated, had her own storylines... Bradley gave her MATERIAL to work with. I feel sad watching what KKL has to play thesedays... She has been downplayed to a character like Donna, who is there just to comment on everyone else. The Brooke of today is nobody in the scheme of things... She has one or two staring dramaticly scenes a week and that's it. What happened... It is very disturbing to watch. I think Quinn has been getting the Brooke storylines... and I just don't understand. KKL is the queen of greek tragedy disgusting erotic scandals... Quinn just doesn't have that energy... She doesn't feel real in these storylines. KKL did. Someone once said I think it was here that maybe KKL didn't want these sex scandal storylines... But I won't believe KKL wants this... that she is playing right now. No actress wants to play boring and irrelevant. It's a pity because I believe KKL has evolved as an actress and she could really rock the show if they made her CEO of Forrester again and she becomes this Miranda Priestley slash Slut from the valley slash Alexis Carrington type. Brooke in the 90s was a force. She was written as someone who always had next goal in life. 

What happened? I can't help but feel like the writers are punishing KKL for not accepting to play some story or something like this. I just think Brooke is above these stupid dialogues she has been written into.

God... Even Eric has more power than Brooke right now. Which is unbelievable. 

I think something's been happening since 2017... Brooke has been lost. There hasn't been ANYTHING new or dramatic.

Bradley... USE your characters! Write better! Don't waste them... please.

I remember when I was watching in 2007 I was thinking this is TRASHY TRASH. Now... when I watch couple of 2021 episodes and I open and watch an episode from 2007 it's like Chekhov .

When I watch an episode from 1993 it's like Dostoevsky.

Sad... really sad.

• Members

Reusable for all the soaps, but I agree re: KKL/Brooke. I feel the same way about MTS/Nikki on Y&R, who is also used as a buttinsky/glorified Gladys Kravitz, instead of the icon of soaps that she is.

At least Brooke is not playing ping-pong between Bill and Ridge, as that’s the only story Brad seems to give her.

• Members

I think it had potential, but it did not evolve... and go anywhere. It was not a storyline. That's my point. The Shauna thing...

Brooke vs Thomas was again... nothing that put Brooke front and centre in her own storyline. It was all about Hope. 

Bradley, please just give KKL something to work with. Bring back the war with Taylor... anything...

• Members

I agree with what you wrote about Brooke. The character has become irrelevant on the show and she used to be in frontburner storylines all the time.

I think it's a long term lack of direction for Brooke that has led to this point. She used to be complex in the 90s - it was the sex scandals AND her taking over Forrester AND her being a mother AND her rivalry with Stephanie. Now, Brooke is too old to be the siren, not at all focused on her career, and Stephanie is dead. So we're left with Brooke parenting her adult child as her only storyline. And that just doesn't cut it because Hope is a pretty well-adjusted grown woman who doesn't need a whole lot of parenting.

What I don't understand is, this was totally predictable and avoidable. The writers had to have known that Stephanie wasn't going to be on the show forever. And Brooke's character was pretty much defined by her relationship with Stephanie. Without Stephanie, Brooke's character becomes significantly weakened. If a three falls in the forest and nobody is there to listen, does it make a sound? If Brooke does something scandalous and Stephanie isn't there to react to it, what is the point?

The writers should have anticipated this by moving Stephanie's "spirit" INSIDE BROOKE. It's not enough for Brooke to have just any female rival. It needs to be "the Stephanie force". The only logical way for Brooke to remain viable without Stephanie is for Brooke to become part Stephanie. And that is not going to happen because I don't think the current writers fully understand what Stephanie was all about.