Agnes Nixon's Erica Kane

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It was one of the last showcases for her deep sense of longing, insecurity and pain being a tool to lash out at others.  Erica always had a point of view, but the story didn’t necessarily revolve around her like later ones did, or be told in such a way that the audience could only root for her against her circumstances.

I still think the baby switch was a terrible idea- a step too far for Erica, and some of that biased writing was done to bring her back away from outright villainy.

• Members

@Soaplovers Nah i don't believe in that logic. Brooke lose so much she stop being true competition. There needs to be a Equal balance between the two. this clip doesn't work with a loser.

@Josephthe beginning starts at 6:15 unfortunately the full episode has been pulled down. Something told me to download those videos last year.

https://youtu.be/1CkOI2N_V-c

Edited by DemetriKane

• Members

Erica taking Maria's baby Maddie was the wrong move..and I don't know what the logic was in doing that.

I thought the scenes of Erica returning the baby to Maria were good, her being arrested, Mateo telling Erica she was no longer welcome in his restaurant, people throwing rocks through her window, being sent to jail, Maria's mom coming to Erica's parole hearing, a scene where Liza pointed out to Erica that people weren't going to support her early release to see Bianca when she kept a baby away from their mom.

I think the 1999 face scar story is when the show stopped writing Erica as a 3D character and turned her into a cartoon.  And she seemed to regress in maturity as well.

Look at Erica running Tempo in the 80s and later Enchantment in the 90s.  She acted mature, decisive and like an adult.

Flashforward to the 2000s..and she was acting like a teenager.  

• Members

@Pine Charles The good ole days 

Please register in order to view this content

@Soaplovers the logic was they stopped writing from character. Cause if they did Brooke would replace Maria in this storyline. And I guarantee you nobody would have hated this storyline. You set stage that Erica really wants to give dimitri a little boy and Brooke is the one they gives it to him and Erica basically snaps …..,..

• Members

I always appreciated that it was a consistent trait that Erica and Brooke just didn’t like one another, it was realistic in the sense that in life you’ll have people you just don’t like and don’t want to be around. Even when they weren’t actively involved in each other’s storylines or sharing many scenes together, you would occasionally get the reminder neither cared for one another. I liked that, lol. 

• Members

My mom would occasionally turn in the late 90s and 2000s...and she would wonder where Brooke or Erica stood with one another.  And on occasion, if Brooke was mentioned to Erica...Erica would have a great put down...and when Erica was mentioned to Brooke...Brooke would sigh and make a passive aggressive dig at Erica.

Happened all the way till the end of the show..and ironically, the two started out being co schemers till Tom entered the picture