B&B: Bold from the beginning

• Members

Wow @Videnbas, that’s a whole lot to take in!

Please register in order to view this content

I stopped watching consistently around ‘92, so I missed a lot of the man-sharing, but I can’t say that I’m surprised.

It’s odd to really think about but, out of CBS Daytime soaps, the P&G soaps seemed the most “progressive”, in stories (if not necessarily aesthetics) even though they were among the oldest shows of the genre.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The YT episodes are up to Thomas and Brooke shipwrecked on the island.  I say up to, but, there appears to be no actual logical sequence to how these are being released.  Just as this version of Thomas has no logical connection to the current version of Thomas.

Any way, it is so amusing because within the story they've only been on the island a couple of days and they're already ripping off their clothes and eating berries like it's The Blue Lagoon.  Something tells me that Brooke's missed a meal or two in her day, but suddenly she misses lunch and she is compelled to eat hallucinogenic berries.  Like, maybe they should've wondered around a bit and seen if there was hotel or anything on the island before making a fort in a cave.

• Members

YT just started on season 4 of B & B... and Beth's reaction to Brooke being with Eric is a realistic one.  Telling her that she's doing transference, and that perhaps she needed to go to a therapist to straighten her mind up.

And she had the final word with Stephanie in one of the episodes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The YouTube uploads are up to Sherilyn Wolter replacing Hunter Tylo as Taylor in late 1990.

Continuing with this list of contract changes:

Contract Changes between episodes 631 and 900:
Note: Full closing credits are not shown regularly. Usually, they appear every 5th episode, but sometimes there aren't any credits for up to 10 episodes.

Episode 649:

• Karen Moncrieff – Dr. Michelle Brookner (removed)

Episode 659:

• Michael Fox – Saul Feinberg (added, recurring previously)

Episode 687:

• Judith Borne – Angela Forrester (removed)

Episode 701:

• Colleen Dion – Felicia Forrester (added)

Episode 748:

• Teri Ann Linn – Kristen Forrester (removed; character left town in episode 732)
  • Jeff Conaway – Mick Savage (removed; character left town in episode 732)

Episode 758:

• Brian Patrick Clarke – Storm Logan #2 (added)

Episode 770:

• Todd McKee – Jake Maclaine (added)

Episode 837:

• Hunter Tylo – Dr. Taylor Hayes (added)

Episode 846:

• Joanna Johnson – Caroline Spencer (removed; character died in episode 832)

Episode 871:

• John Brandon – Ben Maclaine (added)
  • Jane Rogers – Julie Delorean (added)

Episode 894:

• Hunter Tylo – Dr. Taylor Hayes (removed)
  • Sherilyn Wolter – Dr. Taylor Hayes (temporary recast; added)

Regarding the opening credits, it's striking that Felicia, Storm, Jake and Taylor were added to the sequence shortly after their first appearances, but Darla and Saul, who became part of the regular cast much earlier, were not added until 1993.

• Members

For whatever reason Sherilyn comes off as smarter, so it really highlights the irony that Taylor, (an accomplished neurologist), and Brooke, (a patented scientist), fight over nepotism-hire Ridge whose biggest accomplishment is being able to wear a speedo at all hours of the day.

• Members

I don't disagree that the two have very different vibes, so it is jarring to watch Sherilyn as Taylor.  However, if you think about the character as written, rather than portrayed, she makes sense as a casting choice.  I mean, I don't see Sherilyn running around in a Princess Jasmine costume getting kidnapped by a foreign prince, but she could obviously play a logic-based psychiatrist who was a romantic contrast to the more emotionally-driven Brooke Logan.

• Members

Its just my opinion that the actress doesnt fit the character at all.. When I watched it with my partner... we both cringed at the way she talked and tried to act out the dialogue. Its just not the right cast. Hunter is perfect for Taylor and it was noticed.

• Members

Actually I feel that the first female therapist on the show (was it the one counseling Thorne) would have been a perfect Taylor type character. And she was already in the right profession unlike Taylor who was an oncologist. 

• Members

She was ok... but nowhere near the star quality that Hunter got back then... I mean... Taylor had to be really special... to get into these war triangles... She was like the most beautiful woman on Earth back then... and with that intellectual vibe... as a bonus... Really think they made A PERFECT cast for Taylor. 

• Members

Yep! I guess that's one of the advantages of previously playing a Nutjob lmao, And despite my Deep Love for Hunter Tylo who i also just discovered shares her Birthday with me (i knew i loved the woman for a reason) Age wise Sherilyn made more sense to me as an established Doctor than considerably younger Hunter

Daytime's Hedy Lamarr you mean yep i think so too

• Members

Early Stephanie reminds me of Stephanie Harper from Return To Eden especially the Hair, Also Just finished The Death of Caroline Spencer Forrester, man Joanna really brought that on, i cried a lot and even my mother who knows nearly no english cried too, but then she told me it remembered her of cousin of ours that died the same way..

Anyway Joanna's performance(s) made me wonder WHY The Emmys didn't give B&B it's due value during it's early years when there was so much better character development than in later years Joanna, KKL and Susan as well as Nancy Burnett and The Original Katie and Donna were all very good in my book (of course Katie didn't have very much to do on those days), of the men only Original Thorne catched my attention he was pretty good too all in all So much talented unrecognized

• Members

i just jumped for a second into 894 for sherilyn because i misunderstood and thought she was on the OPENING Credits, but despite that it was a nice watch I didn't realize that Storm was no less her Husband from GH! Now i know why he was familiar to me! Now i'm wondering if it might've been him who recommended her for the stint, As i predicted they have far more chemistry than Ron and Her