GH 06/14/2021 Promo: How Far

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I don't think the show has ever cared about RH/Liz that much.  But she is popular enough to make most anything work and still have a substantial fanbase.  Friz was the worst pairing in the world and it still had a following.   They can throw her at Finn and her fans will probably still support it or at least tolerate it.  Not sure why they don't try Finn with Sam.  ME and KM do have chemistry when they both try (which is rare lol)

• Members

Well I mean they keep giving Easton and Howarth new characters lol.  GH is not afraid to try and try again!  I have no use for Sam, but it seems like Britt/Jason have some fans and I don't think Dante/Sam are where it's at.  Maybe they should try to get GV back as Lucky.  The only Sam pairing I ever liked.

• Members

Yeah it is quick for Liz to move on, but Liz has had quite a few loves of her life.  We all know it's Lucky, but it's been Jason, Nik, Ric, Franco, Drew, etc throughout the years.  So Gh has always been fast and loose with the Liz  romances.

I actually am ready for the Carly/Britt/Jason stuff.  Carly will be Carly as usual, but Britt is a worthy opponent.

• Members

I liked Sam & John McBain and thought KM & ME did a good job of channelling their old chemistry. I also liked Carly & Todd. I thought they did a decent job of tying some of the OLTLers into the Port Charles fold back when they first came on, and they brought a fresh dynamic to the show. The problem was when they had to abandon any mention of OLTL and turned ME into New Character #1 and of course RoHo as Franco. I just couldn't see the chemistry they'd had before once they became these rando characters. 

And yes Herbst is an afterthought for GH. They don't dare write her out because of her loyal fanbase, but they pair her up with leftovers and think that they are throwing a bone to her fans and that they will lap it up. I'm not saying we need RH hogging all the screen time, but she stands out every time she appears on screen and carries a lot of SLs which in lesser hands would be DOA. I wish GH recognized that a little more. She also hasn't aged in over a decade (which is by the by).

I don't know what Carly expects from Jason. Just let him get some already. She wants him embalmed in the monastery dedicated to the worship of CarSon and that's not a life, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

After the 2000s, a lot of Liz fans will throw themselves in front of a bus to get her a major pairing with someone valued by the show vs. being sloppy seconds for Jason or the latest villain/failed hire du jour. If that meant committing to her being paired with Roger Howarth as he plays a gentle serial killer, a lot of them were willing to swallow that. It's a symbiotic relationship: On Frank's GH, being paired with Michael Easton or Howarth = job security and story, and Frank knows the desperate fanbase will keep those characters reasonably popular and therefore able to justify his favorite OLTL stars' continued employment (unless, in Roger's case, the new management at ABC notices you are still playing a rape-adjacent serial killer in 2021). All in all, they'll take it. Sad but true.

Edited by Vee