GH 06/14/2021 Promo: How Far

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Agreed.  I liked Sam and John McBain and Carly and Todd.  Once they both changed characters that dynamic was gone.  Also, I don't think McBain and Sam had much of a shot because she was like 8 months pregnant and the show was still ride or die with JaSam.

It's almost like the writers from Guza on down resent RH for being too popular to fire.  Poor Liz has had some awful stories.  The Nik affair, the shirtless doctor they tried to pair her with, the months she was in the loony bin chatting with that old lady that made ugly jewelry?  It doesn't seem to bother RH.  She still gives it her all, but she really deserves more respect.

I don't know why Jason doesn't just grow a pair and tell Carly to back the eff off.  It must be the lingering brain damage.  Any normal human would have left Sonny and Carly and their stupidity in the dust a decade and a half ago.

• Members

Count me in as a fan of Sam and John McBain. I loved those two as Livvie and Caleb so it was great to see they STILL had it. And the fact that it drove JB a bit batty (which he thankfully was able to humble himself since then) and that was just a crazy time. 

I'll say this much...it's hard being a Liz fan. As I've said before, as a legacy character they could do so much more with her. I'm not against a Finn/Liz pairing though. It is too early to tell though. Though could you imagine if the writers decided to repair ME and KM too. We would get a Liz/Finn/Sam/Dante drama?

• Members

I thought ME and KeMo were pretty hot on PC.  But I don't think KeMo and SBu have much chemistry so who knows?

Sorry, I thought Liz was in the sanatorium and that's how they met, but I guess that was after Liz's stay there.   Regardless, it was weird how that woman was the only person Liz was talking to.

• Members

Oh, trust me, Steve Burton and Monaco also do not have chemistry... especially since his latest return, and her apparent disinterest in being Sam.

Nope. The woman was a patient, and I remember her daughter coming to the hospital and Elizabeth going off on her like it was her job.

• Members

I liked Jason/Sam right at the beginning.  I have never enjoyed Sam at all and have no idea why the world's most lifeless performer is so popular.  

SBu has done good work and does sometimes have chemistry with people, so I am more open to him/Britt. 

I would not be against this.  RH/KeMo play really well off each other as adversaries. 

• Members

I will go out on a limb and say that KeMo works best when she's a villainess. Perople liked Livvie from what I remember on PC, but they LOVED her once she went back. And KeMo played that seductively well. Same for when she went off the deep end due to Jason and Liz FINALLY getting together. And at least in both cases if I remember correctly the writing at least built up and explained how she could go from good, but tough girl to bad girl/vixen. I haven't seen PC in a long time though, but I am sure the writers spent a year (two max) building up to the Jasam breakup to a place where Jason and Liz would get together and it made sense at the same time why Sam would be scorned woman about it. Shame it lasted (Vixen Sam) a year I believe...maybe two. And yes, I loved her with GV Lucky aswell. 

But needless to say RH/KeMo DEFINITELY give excellent adversary energy.

And lest I forgot...Sam gave a great bitcaslap to Carly on her way out the door as she went from good to bad.

• Members

I forgot that I liked evil Sam.  KeMo is just someone who has felt so bored and collecting a paycheck for so many years I can't remember any good parts about her performance.  I genuinely think keeping Sam bad ass and someone who didn't have kids would be a better choice.  I know kids on soaps are a norm, but it can be refreshing to have characters and woman that don't want to have children.