B&B April 2021 Discussion Thread

• Members

LOL I must have missed that amidst the rushed parts of Steffy’s addiction story and Shauna & Quinn non-stop gossiping at the time as I was wondering where he was at during that story as I waiting for him to walk in on Thomas and the mannequin.

LOL I heard that howler I wish that someone else had died instead of Vinny as that was just embarrassing. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know right. 

To have been a murder mystery would have required Liam be murdered with Steffy, Finn, Hope, and Thomas as suspects all fed up with his wishy washness and interference in their lives only to have a deranged Ivy return and be the real killer lol. 

• Members

The story would have wrote itself lol Finn & Steffy would be happy, Hope would briefly sabotage Flo’s happiness out of revenge  by sleeping with Wyatt until some Fabio-type lover of hers from Europe invites her back to live in her Paris all the while Thomas & Vinny explore their sexualities as we get new fresh blood centered around Felicia’s son Dino. You’re welcome! 

• Members

Sounds good!

If it were me, Thomas and Vinny would've shared a drunken night together lol but after a while, Thomas would reject Vinny. So then to be closer to him, Vinny would've started dating a newly returned bisexual RJ and enter into a triangle with him and Coco Spectra

• Members

That's because there are too many dead-end characters that haven't had much to do more than prop up the scenery for years now.  The producer may be too big-hearted to just terminate them, but bump them to recurring and bring on some fresh blood or better yet bring back some more dynamic characters and revisit their dropped threads.  Why keep Zoe Buckingham and then bring her sister, Paris to fight over Zende, when there was the more compelling Sasha Thompson and Zende's estranged wife, Nichole?  What happened to her?!

Why not kill off Katie (or even bring back Deacon Sharpe to romance her)?  Why don't they bring back Nick Marone with his wife Macy Alexander, and her daughter by Thorne to give Brooke someone who will bust her chops over her homewrecking past?  

Loved the actor who played Vinny Walker, why not bring him back as his separated from birth twin? 

Why don't they bring Ivy Forrester and Oliver Jones back?  

• Members

Exactly.

There's been too much Hope/Liam/Steffy these past few years. They really need to get back to showing more than one storyline in each episode. This focus on one storyline for a few weeks, then another, and another is not working out lol 

• Members

Yes. Instead of an A story and side scenes of random characters discussing the A story, an episode should be the heat of a A story and the buildup to a B story. Then the heat of the B story and the buildup of the C story. Then the heat of the C story and the fallout of the A story.
It is not that you can't do padding sometimes but there needs to be balance between stories. AND also between tones.
It can't be romantic triangles all the time. At its heyday Sally Spectra antics were perfect for padding when there was a hot A story front-and-center.

Also the characters-commenting-action trope is all the more tired because it is all so random and interchangeable.
In the past, even when they had Sally Spectra pad time by discussing the A story (it is not a new trick of Brad Bell even when the show was better) she had a fresh take and added some humor to it. Nothing was advanced but we enjoyed her commentary.
If you are going to pad time with throwaway scenes, it is not impossible to make them entertaining with a teensy bit of effort and characterization. But the dialogue for those is interchangeable and has nothing to do with who the character is. Donna would say the same things as Katie. It really feels they write these scenes anonymously and just cast whatever character whose performer is available that day or have guarantees to burn, which makes it even worse.

• Members

That's the way it's supposed to be done. You would think that all the years that Brad's been at B&B, he would know that. It crazy how much the show's changed in style so many times. I've seen Brad episodes from the 90s, 00s and 10s, and if I didn't know it for a fact, I would not believe that this was all written and produced by the same man.

• Members

The death of Darlene Conley was really the mortal wound to B&B that it's never recovered from and I'm not so sure anyone at CBS/Bell ever quite realized it. 

The lack of a B storyline, let alone a C storyline, has really hurt the show. 

What's so surprising to me is for a show with such a stable producing and writing team that the tone and style of the show has had so many incarnations over the years. You would never know that the same man has been at the helm for 30 years + years. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

That's fascinating. I didn't recognize it at the time either. Sure, it was emotional because she was so wonderful and it was indeed a blow because she was such a great character.
But she was such a secondary character story-wise that it wouldn't have crossed my mind to think of it this way. The show didn't *need* her for story.

But it did need her. For balance. For heart.
In hindsight, this makes all the sense in the world.

• Members

I think the fact that she died should have been addressed on the show.  It's silly for people to say she's still cruising the world with a young stud on her arm.  They should have done it when Stephanie was still alive.