GH September 2020 Discussion

• Members

I heard somewhere that Britt is supposed to be around for a little longer this time then she usually has been.

I've always felt like the character of Dev was just not needed. The more I think about it, AA should have just been a recast Oscar.

It seems the show has fallen back into what it was last summer; mostly people just standing around talking and not doing anything to move their stories along.

I think he's a good actor too but they clearly had no idea what they wanted to do with him. First, he was a mole in Sonny's organization, then he was a thief, then he was in love with Josslyn, then he was gay, now he's asexual. I guess that's why they let him go. Mo probably did complain to get him back lol

Dev being gay or bi would been a good story. They could have really played up the fact that since he grew up in a country that wasn't LGBT friendly, for the first time in life he was finally free to be himself and owe that all to Sonny, Carly, etc. 

If he turns out to be asexual, I have no idea what they would be able to do with him as a character.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That's good on Britt. She adds some fire to the show and they desperately need it.

Yeah, I'm not sure what their goal is with Dev. I liked the actor too.

It would be a good story to tell, if they were actually committed to it. 

I'm surprised they haven't given Josslyn/Eden more to do. She could sell an addiction-type story. I was hoping for something when she and Cam got drunk but it went nowhere (like everything else on the show)

And yeah, it does seem like the show is treading water again. The Nelle stuff lit a temporary fuse but the pilot light is out again.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I wanted the show to be re-centered around the hospital instead of Sonny's mob life.

So what do they do? They have mobster Cyrus take over the hospital.

That was NOT what I wanted when I wanted more hospital stories.

I. do. not. want. the. mob. anywhere. on. the. show.

• Members

lol! i thought the same when I saw those bangs. Hilarious that Kimberly joked about it.

Supposedly he will but lord. However it is kinda realistic. It can be a very slow decline. It can also go very fast. But I agree, I've been over it this year. We don't need depressing medical stories, especially now. Hasn't this Mo Benard vanity project been going on for like two years now?

Edited by KMan101

• Members

2 1/2 actually. I really like Max Gail in the role and I'm glad that the story has been more focused on Mike and the effect that his disease is having on the family, rather than stuff like that dead body under Charlie's mess, but I'm ready for this story to transition into another one. 

• Members

I really have enjoyed Max Gail in the role and agreed it has been more focused on the effect the disease is having on the family. But I'm ready to move on too. I'm kinda sad they gave Mike this disease because Max Gail has been great. It will be sad to lose him when Mike eventually dies.

• Members

I can’t believe he isn’t dead yet. I saw several social media posts which made it seem like he had died.

After Oscar’s slow and depressing death (even if I didn’t like him), and now Mike.  It’s a tough couple of stories to sit through in a year.  Although nothing like the three years of Labine (but that was masterful storytelling).

• Members

Yeah, it's a 'What if' thing.

I think they're just trying to give Max Gail all they can, which I get.

It is tough to sit through, especially when they aren't particularly well written. At least Claire, like you said, was masterful at telling stories, even if they were depressing. Neither of these have come close. She probably would have nailed this Mike story though (remember Audrey was supposed to get Alzheimers way back when but thankfully ...)