LATEST RATINGS: July 27-31, 2020

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

B&B continues to drop with new episodes. 

Days being beaten by classic YR episodes.

The Ben love

Please register in order to view this content

hour isn't working.

When was the wedding? 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I said years ago that if they ran Daytime like Primetime B&B would have been cancelled because of the way it lost lead-ins and passed off to World Turns.  B&B has always needed Y&Rs ratings lead in.  Back when they had a full lined up it should have been Y&R at 12:30. World Turns at 1:30. GL at 2:30 and B&B from 3:30 to 4:00.  I don't think soaps will bounce back from this.  We know it will come to an end but I think this did it.  I can't imagine advertisers spending money with ratings like this.  Budgets on all shows are about to take a hit.

• Members

I really don't think that this is a daytime issue.

I'd assume that more people than ever before signed up with streaming services or gave on watching live TV and much rather watch their shows on demand. The strange pre-emption choices for live new events does not help it at all. I expect primetime ratings to be super brutal in the fall as well, though...

We can only hope that B&B's streaming numbers on CBS.com are up year to date.

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Look at the primetime ratings they are way down across the board. It's not just a daytime issue. Big Brother usually a ratings draw didn't even get to 4 million viewers. Even AGT is way down, the top rated summer show.

• Members

It’s not exclusive to daytime, but we know primetime will have the tools to rebound because people care. They’ll have promotion, they’ll be plotting stories to attempt to get viewers back as well. Daytime isn’t going to have promotion and all three soaps came back With the same stories and nothing is really happening on any of them. That isn’t going to bring anybody back. They have to give viewers something to WANT to tune back in. We’ve seen it work many times, but you have to at least try.

I do think it’s promising that Josh Griffith said CBS had a meeting about the direction of the show. That should show th at they realize things weren’t working. Now we just have to hope whatever they change works.  

• Errol unpinned this topic