RIP: In Memoriam Thread

• Members

I have many fond childhood memories of watching the show, which, when it was good, was fantastic. It was always just on in the background, either at my home or someone else's. It was ever-present in American life.

Bob was an integral part of that, even if he was never the element which made me feel most at home as a viewer (that was often the models and Rod Roddy). After everything I heard about what happened with Dian, and Holly, I never really watched again, with no regrets. There was so much else that I didn't even know of until just now (like what happened with Rod). I miss what that show, for those years, represents in my mind, even if it's never going to be the show that was most special to me (that was stuff like Sale of the Century, or even Double Dare, Classic Concentration, etc.). 

He was certainly a very talented and charismatic presence onscreen and knew how to play with the audience. And he did a lot for animals. Rest in peace.

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

And yet, apparently Bob and Betty were in a feud for years (someone call Ryan Murphy)

Among a herd of celebrities, including former game-show host Bob Barker and several ‘Desperate Housewives’ cast members, actress Lily Tomlin said subjecting elephants to zoo life amounts to torture.

‘Golden Girl’ Betty White also showed, but spoke in favor of building the new enclosure and dismissed claims that the lone remaining elephant at the zoo was stressed out or depressed.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/blogs/la-unleashed/story/2008-11-08/another-heated-debate-over-the-l-a-zoos-elephant-enclosure

Edit: source corrected - 2nd time, thanks for the clarification @DRW50 , hopefully the LA Times is a less controversial choice

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

Thank goodness scammer Yashar came back from his self-imposed exile to attach himself remora-like to more easy causes (fighting Scientology) and public shaming Betty White from beyond the grave.

Anyway, Arleen Sorkin has a massive pop culture footprint for Harley Quinn alone, as annoying as I find the modern iteration of the character. But her work in the '90s, just amazing - and her Days run is legend, even as I've seen so little of it.

• Members

While we await confirmation of Arleen's passing, could someone with comic book knowledge clarify the timeline of the Harley Quinn story for me?

Did she inspire the creation of the character? Or, did the character pre-exist and her performance inspired her casting?

Edited by j swift