Soaps Returning To Production

• Members

If they are coming back with the same old, same old they are making a huge mistake. If the soaps don't come back with heavy promo and a true "season premiere" then I truly think they will fail. Then again, DAYS tried the time jump and that was a fail. 

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Im wondering if soaps will do short arcs with fewer characters. Film  the entire arcs, one at a time with the actors and then edit them into episodes. This way there are not many actors on set at one time

• Members

I wonder if they’re aiming at trying to do episodes five days in a row again, I think that would be a mistake. Probably just three eps a week would suffice and cut out a lot of dreck and not waste any valuable time just in case the show has to suspend production again down the road. 

Ain’t that the truth lol! I really hope the classics won’t go away entirely. 

• Members

That would be workable, seem to work fine back in April. I wonder what script changes Thudley has made, hopefully quarantine has brought a more creative side to him again. I’m quite sure we’ll have Forrester Creations staying afloat thanks to their fashionable masks Steffy designed. 

• Members

I really wonder if they plan to put these on the air ASAP or just bank them? It would be disastrous to have this long hiatus, then come back (maybe with only a few new episodes per week), then go off the air again after a few weeks.  Plus, you'd expect both CBS shows to come back at the same time. If B&B's lead in is repeats of Y&R, their new episodes won't do very well, and the audience will be confused.

• Members

That’s what I was thinking. I don’t blame them either, but at least take some time reconfigure the storyline before filming. Then hype it up that the show is having their big return to air. Better than them just picking up from the same spot where they left off and debuting to a 1.3 rating. 

• Members

The way I read KKL's instagram, I thought she was saying that *she* begins taping Thursday, so I thought she was simply saying she's not taping Mon. Tues. Wed. this week.  Don Diamont said they begin production today. (I don't know, that's simply how I read it).