SOW article about OLTL's '2 secrets revealed'

• Members

2 secrets are revealed.

john, paige and david don't realize their lives are linked by one pivotal event: the death of john's father

DH comments.

says John tells Crosby he never dealt with it because he was afraid of what he might find or that he wouldn't find anything

last time john saw his dad was when he went out to buy john a bicycle. on some level, he feels responsible for his dad's death because his dad was out there doing something for him. on the surface, it's about being a cop and never having solved the case. but "this is his journey so that he's worthy to have someone fall in love with him."

of course, john had nothing to do with his dad's death. it was a random shooting. he was off-duty, saw some suspicious behavior, shots were fired and he fell.

unfortunately, DAVID is the one who shot him. david got caught up in something that thomas tried to break up. in a moment of panic david, who was young, turned around and shot thomas.

thomas was rushed to the hospital where inexperienced surgical intern paige was was on duty. paige ultimately killed him. she knew she had botched some surgery, but she never knew the guy's name. david and paige turned to spencer to clean up their mess, and spencer has held it over their heads all these years.

cut to viki and clint, who discover the trauma that split jess into tess

at the hot spot, rose indicates to viki/clint that whAtever happend to jess happened to her too.

they go to an abandoned house next to the bar and find a box that contains a clue about what happened to jess, but WE DON'T SEE WHAT IT IS. argh!!!

Oh, give us a hint. DH says, "There is molestaion invovled and there is this guy, but there's more to it than that."

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sounds interesting. I'm glad to see she is finally making some reveals but sadly they are coming so late in the game that many people have lost interest in so much of this by now. The stories have just drug out way too long.

On the upnote I can understand the need for so many recurring characters for some part, and glad that she is at least tying two stories together. And giving us some crossover.

• Members

Wow....so jessica was molested (and was probably pimped out to other perverted bastards), yet seemed to show no change in behavior while growing up. Yeah, she could have blocked it out, but still........I mean, I like the DID storyline, but the realization that Dena expects us to buy this crap just pissed me off. Jessica, who has grown up on screen, in front of our eyes, experienced this trauma? Come on. WTF ever. It would have been more believeable to have had Mitch do something to Jessica when he had her captured (we still don't know EXACTLY) what happened to her.

• Members

Exactly. I think Higley is grasping at straws and trying to further the plot along when she could have just used the trauma Jess experienced from Mitch and Stephen Haver. But since she created Tess, she HAS to create a new backstory to explain it. Ugh.

• Members

so she went into the background and created the alter and it allowed itself to be called Jessica and the real Jessica changed her name to Tess upon her awakening?

Sounds horribly convoluted ... Dena'll do it.

• Members

I don't know how that crappy idea will work. I mean Viki named her Jessica when she was born right? It wouldn't make sense for Jessica to be the alter.

I'm giving myself a headache trying to make sense out of this. I have no doubts Higley would go this route.

• Members

it's just so unoriginal. She's had over a year to come up with some killer reason as to what happened. It was bad enough when Dena made DID hereditary. And now they're basically just ripping off Viki's backstory and giving it to Jessica. Mollestation = DID. Been there ... done that.

Archived