Soap Writers Original Plans

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well we know the Todd is Viki’s brother was after the fact.  He was solidly a villain from the rape, trial and then when he was stalking Nora afterwards.   But I don’t know if there were plans to finally get rid of him or not before they changed course due to his popularity.

A famous example during Monty’s second run was that the Eckerts were supposed to be blue collar, and she flat out told Quartermaine actors that their extreme wealth was out of touch and she was not going to utilize them as much.  And yet Bill and Jenny ended up being wealthy and involved in business storylines/Q family.

I have always been a fan of having a blue collar family on these shows- but forcing them down people’s throats did nothing for her.

• Members

I, too, don't think it was ever planned for Nina to find her first born, and it would remain a mystery that haunted her. I remember the odd storyline where she thought Jed Sanders was her father. I wonder what the initial plan for that could have been.

I was always torn on the revelation that Todd was Viki's brother. I know they did it to help "redeem" him, but it always felt odd.