Stars you're surprised have lasted so long on daytime

• Members

LOL. I loved Jensen's Eric too. He was perfectly cast as Marlena's son and Sami's twin. He was great with Christie Clark too. Just loved him. Still do! lol.

Agreed on Sam. lol. And yeah. Her and Jonathan Jackson would/could never ever work. I'm pretty disappointed though how Lucky is ignored and became a deadbeat. JJ is so famous in the role but they CAN recast. I'm just glad they finally did it with Nikolas. And of course now they're wasting Marcus Coloma.

Anywho I guess we're probably derailing the thread a slight bit ... lol

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Total Thread derailment, but I have nothing better to do lol.

Christie, Ali, Jensen, and later Kirsten Storms all really looked like Marlena's kids and believable siblings.  Even though I guess Belle and Carrie weren't related but still.  Kyle Lowder as Brady did not look like John and Isabella's child though.   They all really interacted well together.

I would welcome a Lucky recast with open arms.  I rarely think a role is unrecastable.   I certainly think Lucky needs to be on the canvas.  And I wasn't so wowed with JJ in 2010 or whenever that I need him to return.  I think Robin missing from the canvas is a huge issue as well.  I know KMc appears when she can and you probably couldn't recast, but her presence is missed. 

• Members

Same. I have nothing better to do either lol.

They were so well cast. Langan really played up that family, even if it was ugly between Brady and Marlena for a time. He milked that [!@#$%^&*]. I disliked a lot of his tenure but after years of Higley ... he looks great compared to her and others. LOL. Tomlin wanted to but I think he was derailed at times, not that he didn't make some bad decisions (killing Jack, writing off Carrie again)

I think a character like Robin is needed. I'd certainly rather have her at this point than Maxie, Lulu, Sasha and Willow honestly. I don't think I'd want a recast. Folks love HER Robin. But almost everyone is recastable, imo. They should probably just use Emma at this point. Why did she pop up (I figured they wanted Robin/Kim but went with Emma/Brooklyn instead) and then literally vanish? Did I miss her leaving? lol

• Members

The Brady/Marlena stuff was just so untrue and bizarre.  I get angst but they were making crap up that was nothing like we saw onscreen ever.    I  have always been bummed they never made Brady as close to Marlena as she should have been.  He didn't even know Isabella and this is probably unpopular but I always thought Isabella was super lame.  Yeah it's sad she died but get over it.  Your Dad's been with Marlena basically your entire life calm down.  Brady has always annoyed me.  Although I like EM better than Kyle Lowder.

I would watch Robin over pretty much everyone on the GH cast. I would rather watch her read the phonebook than Chad Duell and his crew try to be interesting.  And I probably wouldn't even consider her one of my top ten faves of all time.  She is absolutely needed on the show and I really think she has a lot of versatility. She's a doctor. Anna needs her.  Carly needs a foil.  Liz needs friends. Sonny and Jason need their cheerleader lol. I don't need to see Willow and Sasha 4 days a week because I honestly think they are the same person most of the time.  

• Members

I wasn't huge on Kyle as Brady, even though I liked him far better, simply because of how awful they wrote Brady. But looking back I regret I didn't appreciate him as much in the role.

I think Eric fits the role better now, personally. But I agree with you I hated him as Ethan and thought he was horrible. He's come a long way. He's definitely too old but I think he works better as Drake's son, personally. The ages on DAYS are all fucked up anyway at this point lol. There's a 9 year age difference between Kyle and Eric. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

EM is too old but he reminds me of Drake in his mannerisms.  It's always jarring when both Eric and Brady look older than Sami and it's not like AS looks super young or anything.  I think Belle was aged up way too much as well because now shes Sami's contemporary basically when Sami kidnapped her as a teen and her conception was a narrative on the show for YEARS.  But Paul is the worst.  He should be around Belle's age, but is Will's but they in theory were born at similar times?  Idk, once I start on this line of thinking and get to EJ my brain just starts to hurt.

Kyle played Brady like a selfish, spoiled brat which probably is all writing.  But his incessant whining about Isabella was OTT. And I will be honest, him and Chloe singing was just a lot.  When they broke out singing the Sound of Music-I get second hand embarrassment just thinking about it still..  I also don't get how Brady had a vastly different childhood experience than Belle.  Poor Carrie really had it the worst when you think about it and she ended up okay (for soap standards)

• Members

Popping in to share some thoughts. The Langan era was when I cut my teeth on DOOL, so I'll admit to being biased by nostalgia.

I definitely agree that Belle (and Philip) were SORASed too soon. For that matter, so was Nicky Alamain, who could have easily fit into Philip's role, rather than being approximately Austin and Lucas' age. In retrospect, the writers shouldn't have burned through so much story for Carrie, Sami, etc. in six years.

Kyle's take on Brady seemed so flamboyant and affected.

• Members

I don't think Belle being SORASed as a teen was that bad.  It was more after.  It's not like John, Marlena, and Kate and Victor looked too young for that. And hope was very young when she had Shawn. And I think Shawn D was ready to be aged.  I think they just burned through a ton of story with Belle/Shawn/Phillip moreso than Carrie/Austin/Sami.  Belle was married twice and had a kid by the time she was what 22 or 23?  It was too much.  With Carrie/Austin/Sami it was a lot of airtime and focus but it was really only one storyline thread.  Sami and lucas scheme.  Carrie and Austin stay apart over and over.  Maybe her affair with Mike should have had more story, but weren't they both leaving at the time?  Idk with Belle I feel she went from teen to a 30 year old super quick without anytime to be in her 20's.  With Sami I felt she did a lot more until they saddled her with 1000 kids.

Also I agree about Nicky Alamain but that actor was super hot.  I do think they de-aged Nicky once CC came back as Carly but I could be making that up.  I mean, if I can't remember he probably didn't do anything important.

• Members

Good points!

I can understand why it was Belle and not, say, a returned to Salem Stephanie Johnson getting the SORASing in 1999. Marlena and John were on the canvas at the time, so why not have them be active parents? I remember KS having pretty good chemistry opposite the DHs.

You're right, though, about the show having rushed Belle to an adult role. And how Carrie/Austin/Sami/Lucas was pretty much one story continuously retold.

Hell yeah about Victor Webster. 

• Members

Nikki Alamain's aging/de-aging was just weird. He should be around Shawn's being that they were friends in the 90's. First they age him way too old with Victor Webster, who I definitely agree was super hot. He was my first soap hunk after all. But if that wasn't bad enough, the next time the character returned he was played by the age appropriate Jackson Davis for one episode, only for them to de-age him by Cody Longo. At least he left being super hot again, and was a pretty good actor too.

• Members

We didn’t even see Jackson Davis’ face. It was just the back of his head or his mouth. He hung up on Carly, which, coupled with all her other drama, led to her abusing prescription drugs. Vivian either implied or flat out stated that Nikki was still angry about Carly killing Lawrence. I think he appeared in April 2011.

Cody Longo came on in August 2011 when Carly was in rehab. He met his half-sister Melanie and then left town with Carly in September right before the reset. 

• Members

I love we all can agree Victor Webster was super hot, so I let that all slide as far a SORASing.  Because Nicky Alamain was always a strange choice for a character to bring back. So glad he was able to met Melanie lol.  I mean it's bizarre we have never seen Andrew Donovan but we brought back Eve?  That seems like a weird missed opportunity.  It's like on GH where we have never seen Tommy Hardy, who is a dr.  or Liz's mom.  Does poor Liz's mom even have a name?