Stars you're surprised have lasted so long on daytime

• Members

Someone posted a tweet of it being Camila Banus's 10th (!) anniversary on Days of Our Lives and that got me thinking about daytime stars that have just sort of...stayed around. Made an impact sure but haven't exactly set the daytime landscape on fire yet are still there. I remember her from her short stint on One Life to Live, she made zero impression on me so I was pretty surprised when she joined DOOL. And now here she is 10 years later at that same show, the entirety of her 20s. 

Maybe she's not the best example since Gabi seems to have fans but another actor I can think of who just sort of hung around was Aiden Turner as Aidan on All My Children. It was a completely thankless role that he never took off in, multiple failed romances yet he stayed on the show for 7 long years.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

i would have to suggest Bryton. He came on for the foster story, which was a pet project of Victoria Rowell. 

But over the years he wasn't given much to do and not involved in romantic stories (Roxie was the token girlfriend)

At some point he could have gone off to college and come back with a more dynamic recast.

But instead he hangs around getting story scraps that never really go anywhere.

I find the actor and character deadly dull.

• Members

For the life of me, I'll never understand how Frank Dicopoulos lasted for as long as he did on GUIDING LIGHT (as Frank Cooper).  I mean, he wasn't the WORST actor ever to appear (on GL, on soaps, on TV in general).  Nevertheless, he was so limited that there was virtually nothing any EP or HW could do with Frank Cooper unless it involved him in his capacity as police officer.  FD might as well have been a recurring/off-contract cast member.

Edited by Khan

• Members

Oh good god, the two actresses who played Eleni after Kanakaredes left were dreadfully bland!! There was good reason the show gave Frank & Eleni so little so in the late 90’s lol, finally writing Eleni off after Frank was caught fooling around with Signy Coleman’s Annie. 

My candidate has got to be Greg Rikaart as Kevin on Y&R. Does good at being the shady/creepy material but as a leading man with 3 women in pursuit of him? Hell no! How he has lasted in the role of and on  for 18 years now is beyond my comprehension.