LATEST RATINGS: June 10-14, 2019

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am glad to see Days get a little boost in some groups with the ratings. I think it is the most interesting of the four soaps right now. I like most of the stories on Days and like that they are using a lot of their cast. Y&R is focusing too much on Adam and boring stuff like Kyle and Lola, and their boring relationship. And IMO Bold and the Beautiful is very boring and is focusing too much on Hope, Liam, Steffy (like they have for some time now) and now Thomas.

This baby switch storyline isn't good and the characters involved aren't really doing anything interesting. I saw they got a boost and I believe it's probably because some people are interested in the creepy Thomas storyline. But I don't think that B&B is good now and IMO, it hasn't been good for quite some time. And I think that GH is too dark and dreary.

Edited by xtr

• Members

There were preemptions on Monday (New York Fire) and GH was the only soap impacted. Missed half the episode in the 2PM EST airing and all of NY missed the full episode in the 3pm EST airing. You should've marked that cause that's why Monday is lower than usual. Not sure how you missed that unless you just don't watch GH. There were no preemptions on Friday to my knowledge that would impact Y&R/DOOL's low numbers on that day. If there were any interruptions, it didn't last more than five minutes. Nobody was complaining on twitter about missing any scenes on Friday. 

Edited by Vince79

• Members

The Adam and the Restless is really burning the ratings up through the roof.

New lows or tying lows all over the place.  Oh, they have 3,000 more overall viewers week over week.  They must all be men over 50. 

Hopefully these ratings will make them see that they need more Adam - he's not on nearly enough (cough).   

• Members

Find him a strong co-head-writer... why any show would employ him as a sole head-writer baffles me.  If anything, I still think he's a place-holder (i.e. a transition writer).

Why he's trying to revive 2013 Y & R... I'll never understand.

• Members

Would love to see the Live +3, Live +7 and video streaming figures for the soaps. For the past few years we’ve always watch GH via ABC app where the new episodes appear a week after original airing. If I’m home from work I’ll watch it live (few times a year).

Currently, 95% of our viewing is video streaming whereas ten years ago it was less than 2%. 

New rating methods should include social media: Twitter, FB, video streaming, DVR and etc. I believe large portions of viewership are there as oppose to same day ratings.

Long time viewer of GH, sporadically but rarely keep up with YR, BB and DAYS. Former viewer of Another World, Santa Barbara, One Life to Live, Ryan’s Hope, Port Charles, GH: Night Shift and Guiding Light.

• Members

Josh G. and Brad B. must be talking to each other alot.  Adam and Thomas are basically the same character.  2 grown unreasonable manipulative male brats that have no business being around children much less their own.  Just saw the end and Adam fighting with Chelsea.  yay.  I hope B&B and Y&R both realize that Adam and Thomas are not on enough and increase their airtime.  They're both devouring their respective shows and I'm watching less and less.  Down to about 5 minutes a day on both or skipping completely. 

Edited by Fevuh

• Errol unpinned this topic