LATEST RATINGS: May 13-17, 2019

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Unless DAYS completely turns their creative around, they will continue to drop. The +13,000 that week is nothing. The writing has been complete garbage since January. The whole "Gabby" storyline was farfetched, but I actually enjoyed it for the 8-9 months it lasted. Nothing since then has had my interest. 

• Members

Yep. And they do NOTHING to raise the ratings, lol. And their stans are obnoxious and act as if they are DAYS' saving grace.

Sadly all the soaps are the pits and the ratings rightfully reflect that. 

Ratings are fairly stagnant. Sure we get some increases, then decreases, but the days of true gains are long gone. What's left is what's left ... lol

It's not like primetime ratings are much better  what gets renewed now would be laughed at just five years ago ...

Personally, the soaps are lucky to get what they do, IMHO. And to be fair, they still pull in 1-2 million *a day* when some shows struggle to even hit that once a week (hi, CW)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

As we’ve all said before: DAYS has no opportunity to quickly course-correct if something’s not working. If they go all in on a character or story that bombs, too bad: six or more months will have to pass before they can really do anything about it.

It’s a catch-22: its odd schedule is probably the only reason for its continued survival. And to be fair: in the past, they’ve kept up with the other shows even with this production model. But their luck may be running out.

• Members

People said the ratings weren’t high enough for Neil’s service, but they did get a bump. I wonder if their ratings would be better if they’d followed up with story for their black characters. They proved they could get ratings time and time again. Especially for the lapsed viewers who tuned in I bet it was odd seeing them as the A story all week then immediately go back to once a week. 

• Errol unpinned this topic