Guest Stars That Shoulda Been

• Members

Fantasy thread, anyone? Imagine a world where fame isn't stratified and ANYONE can appear on a soap. What's your craziest idea?

Mine's for Another World. The year is either 1978 or 1988. Iris Cory has either discovered her biological mother, Sylvie, or recently buried her. Overcome by the idea of her newfound family and heritage, Iris makes a game effort of befriending her long-lost half sister. The lady is question is a salt of the earth gal but not above making sure she gets her way. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ... Rifka Kosloff, played by Special Guest Star Barbra Streisand!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

John Clarke retires from his role as DOOL's Mickey Horton in 2004, and Emmy-Award winning actor Jon Voight is the new Mickey Horton! Guess what, movie superstar Angelina Jolie joins DOOL as Mickey's daughter, Sarah Horton. Oh, there's more! Friends superstar Jennifer Aniston wraps up her run on Friends and joins her real-life father, John Aniston, on DOOL as Victor Kiriakis' daughter, Victoria Kiriakis Clarke, who has married billionaire Jefferson Clarke, played by Brad Pitt. Jefferson is the son of the influential Jamison Clift played by Robert Redford.

Jamison is married to the back from the dead Samantha Evans, played by Jane Fonda. Still jealous of Marlena, Samantha sets her sights on both Roman and John.

With Mickey still alive and well with Voight now playing the role, Maggie ends up getting close to Victor, creating the Mickey/Victor rivalry.

Instead of following in her biological father Neil Curtis' footsteps in becoming a doctor, Sarah is a lawyer just like Mickey and joins the Horton law firm. Her biggest client back in Salem will be Jefferson Clarke, handling the vast Clarke family holdings. Sarah and Jefferson become close, which ignites a spark in the vindictive Victoria, who will prove that she is indeed Victor Kiriakis' daughter by pulling all stops to get her revenge against Sarah.

Adam West joins DOOL as Dr. Tommy Horton, and Lyle Waggoner is the new Dr. Bill Horton!

Betty White is now playing Alice Horton's younger sister, Clara Grayson Jefferson. Clara heads her own family with her husband, Edward Jefferson, a famous lawyer and Mickey's mentor, played by John Ingle from General Hospital.

• Members

Since it is imaginary, I went for celebrity  two-fers

It's 1979 and Sharon Gabet has decided to take a leave of absence from Edge of Night.  Raven leaves Jamey with Draper and April, in a legendary scene, and goes to visit her mother Nadine in England.

EON never showed Raven's time at the Scott's British Countryside estate until now - "Ladies and gentlemen, in the role of Nadine and Ansel Scott; Sean Connery and Audrey Hepburn." 

or

It's 1985, having axed the potential DAYS spinoff Pacific Lives, the producers decided to bring back Dr. Sandy Horton from Hawaii for a limited run in order to perform emergency surgery on John Black.  After the surgery, she suspects that he might actually be Roman, but before she can tell, she is kidnapped by GL villain Mr. Big.  

"Ladies and gentlemen, in the roles of Sandy Horton and Mr. Big it is celebrity couple (at the time), Susan Anton and Dudley Moore"

• Members

Nora Hannon Gannon Buchanan's brother comes to town.  He's a charming guy with a Porsche and a love for cereal.  Blair immediately throws herself at his feet, but he prefers the younger Jessica Buchanan.  He tells Dorian that her sleeves are too puffy and describes John McBain as a  low-talker. "Today in the role of Hamish Hannon, Jerry Seinfeld."

• Members

Agnes Nixon often cribed from popular films and television shows.  So, imagine a young Brooke English having found out that Peg is not her mother decides to track down her bio-mom.  In Florida, a quartet of women regularly reminisces about their past romances.  Until one day the angry editor of Contempo Magazine confronts them and asks the legendary question, "Which one of you bitches is my mother?"  Guest starring are Bea Arthur, Betty White, Rue McClanahan, and  Estelle Getty.

• Members

If I were still watching, I would say Al Pacino comes to GH and takes over the role of Michael "Sonny" Corinthos, considering the character is pretty much based on Michael Corleone, right down to the similarity of name and the wife going kaboom in the car.

• Members

circa Fall 1977

"It's a special week of ALL MY CHILDREN when Erica (said in that way - you know what way I'm talking about) tumbles with primetime's hottest heartthrob. This funny guy playboy is used to getting his girl, but does he have what it takes to come and knock on Erica's door? It's a daytime-nighttime crossover when Jack Tripper leaves sunny Santa Monica and visits Pine Valley. John Ritter appears on ALL MY CHILDREN! This week on ABC."

• Members

Nikki's first husband Greg Foster is brought back and played by Greg Evigan. Greg now sings in dive bars and given up his law career. 

Charlene Tilton joins the cast of Y&R as Gina and opens up her old place.

Mackenzie Phillips and Valerie Bertinelli join the cast as Lauren's long lost trouble making sisters (which would be more believable than Jill). 

Kristy McNichol joins the cast of B&B and is the new girlfriend of Karen Spencer (Joanna Johnson).  

Archived