Y&R December 2018 Discussion Thread

• Members

I enjoyed Ana and Fen scenes today. I liked the looks they were giving each other. I liked that he mentioned that he knew her from childhood. And I laughed at how Abby was looking when Fen told Ana "I'm going to be taking care of you tonight." I thought that Abby was treating Fen today like he was an annoying little brother during the dinner. 

I wonder what may come of the Cane/Victoria interacting today. They did come to some mutual understanding regarding their children during those scenes and Cane smiled during it. I could see them putting Victoria back in Billy's orbits, but I also think we may see Cane/Victoria interacting some more. 

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they’re definitely putting Victoria and Cane together. Btw, where are Victoria’s kids? I guess there’s no room for them on that ruined set.

i liked parts of the dinner at Devon’s, but it’s all too rushed, and they’re not playing any beats:

Abby threw this all together in ONE DAY. Lola got the job in the afternoon, and apparently she’s a miracle worker, also starting her sandwich sale that day at CL. Fen is hired as a waiter even though it’s not clear he’s EVER done that work before.

Lola planned her menu, shopped, organized, cooked....it was all so, so perfect — and not a hair out of place or ANY sense that real cooking took place. I hate the fakery.

Devon’s kitchen? Man, that is SAD for a billionaire in a penthouse suite. Could they make it any smaller? I’d rather see no kitchen at all than to see that. 

• Members

I thought the staging of the dinner was poor in that Devon and Ana were at  awkward angles to accomodate camera shots .There were only two chairs at the table for four, with the other two removed.It looked odd.

Still think the penthouse set is quite impressive but the cheap, incoherent decor ruins it.

• Members

I don't think that Fen has worked before as a server, but they just threw him in there to get him to interact more with Lola and also Devon/Ana. But I thought he was cute and I liked how he was working and interacting with everyone at the dinner.  Even though Abby Lola (especially Abby) wasn't liking some of the stuff he was doing. Like giving Devon his demo during the dinner and trying to talk with Devon/Ana.I definitely think him doing some type of work is good for him.  I wonder if this is a one time thing, or if he will be working with Lola in her restaurant until he signs with Hamilton-Winters. 

It sounded like Lola didn't really want any help during the dinner as she told Abby she didn't really like to work with other people. Abby had to basically tell her to get a server to help (though I think that Abby largely did that, so that Devon wouldn't find out Lola prepared the meal right away.) I do think that she will need and get staff when she opens up her restaurant. And she actually did use the GCAC kitchen staff when she catered the Jabotiques Launch Party. 

I don't think places like the Chancellor Estate have been shown in a while. Maybe we will see the Baldwin apartment again now that Fen is back. The Abbott mansion still looks okay for now (there's still at least a living room and dining area)I think that it will be okay for now and we will be seeing more of it coming up. I also think we will get a new set when Lola's restaurant is opened. 

• Members

I don’t really notice any changes to the Abbott set, so I’m glad they haven’t tampered with it (for now)  but when you think about it, they used to show everyone’s bedrooms, and also the kitchen so it’s kind of dull just to see the living room and dining area now

• Members

I liked today's Jack and Kerry scenes. I continue to like their chemistry together. I also liked seeing the Abbott mansion decorated for Christmas.

Please register in order to view this content

Also, I don't care much for the stuff regarding Mia. Or Tessa.

• Members

She hasn't been shown much for a while now, though she did end up liking Kerry when she met her the first time. And:

Please register in order to view this content

It looks like they really are going to be a couple for the time being. I had thought early on when I first saw them interacting that they would be one. I like them together and am glad that Jack is finding happiness with her.

• Members

Y&R had their Holiday Party last night. Someone posted some videos from it on Twitter:

Here are a couple ones of Zach/Loren (Fen/Ana). They are so cute together

:

Also, here is one of the some of the cast dancing together:

• Members

I really don't like Lola or her family. They have been introduced so horribly, I want them all to just leave. So now they know all the top people in the city. Like screw off. 

Tessa is also a horrible character that needs to go. Actress is unbelievably bad. Why is Mariah is so desperate? Screw all of this.

Archived