Days: December 2018 Discussion Thread ⌛🎅🎄🎁

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's like he's just reading words off a page while he's half asleep. There's no emotion in his voice. He's just bored and going through the motions. Meanwhile the girls are doing good work.

Ben is more interesting working security for Stefan than he is with Ciara. I love how the front door at the K mansion is never locked. Julie, Ben, whoever can just waltz right in.

• Members

Right? Kate Mansi especially might as well have been talking to a block of wood. He really let down these scenes, and considering this is meant to be the big climax to the show's A-story of the better part of a year, it's really inexcusable. 

I'm glad they've got Ben working for Stefan. He has really needed someone to interact with that, in some way, humanizes him for most of his run. It's good that now we finally get those scenes, but I wish they'd come much sooner.

• Members

He just found out it's his child and he has zero reaction. It was like oh ok I am the dad....not emotion at all. 

Melissa Reeves was no better either....when she found out about the switch it didn't seem to phase her. Gawd her hair was awful today too. SSH has been great in her scenes and she stole the scenes with Melissa Reeves today too. 

• Members

I agree about Billy Flynn. He's been doing the mumbling/stuttering for a while now in all of his scenes, and overdoing it completely ruined it as a technique for realism.

Camila Banus has been on fire this year. Excellent acting throughout the whole "Gabby" storyline. I loved her scenes with Abby at Bayview and Julie at the mansion. She was in full bitch mode and it made for great TV. 

• Members

Years ago I couldn’t stand Camila, but I think she’s really come into her own as an actress. She’s always very engaged in her scenes which is more than you can say for a lot of the male actors on the show.

I just want to say again how great it is having Mansi back as Abby, instead of that walking ambien Marci Miller. I wish it were long term.

• Members

You read my mind boo

Please register in order to view this content

was just coming in here to bitch about him. Laaaaawd. 

Camila shines when she's given bitchy material to play. She's still not the strongest actress and I think sometimes her scenes are lacking. I just slogged through the Julie confrontation the other day and she acted like she smelled something that stank, but overall it was decent. I think she's still weak in some regards but man, she indeed has come a very long way. And yes, she's actually awake and engaged in her scenes. Which is far more than many of the actors are ... (so I can give her a pass when she's not the strongest in scenes)

It's amazing how much better the writing for Abby got the second Mansi returned, too. Mansi is so alive. I know she's not for everyone but I don't care, she owns this role and nails it for me every time. I love her.

Billy fell asleep at the wheel after the Ciara debacle following Abby's "death" in 2015. He hasn't been the same in years. Occasionally he'll turn out a good performance but man, he's gone backwards, IMO. He's been checked out for a while now too. He and Marci Miller, while clearly close and friendly, brought out the worst in each other in terms of acting. Both were better away from each other. Mansi forced him to show up to work, but he was just dreadful. The writing for Chad is also trash though, but it's no excuse for lazy acting.

I wouldn't call Camila "excellent" but she has indeed come back to life. I was praying Ron would make her Bitchy Bangs 2.0 and boy did he ever. I'm so happy. Gabi is far more interesting and better as a scheming bitch. I'm actually invested in watching her now. What a refreshing change. Brings me back when she really shined during the Nick storyline. She was EXCELLENT then.

And after catching up on a lot of episodes ... nice to see Kayla involved ... Sarah is a nutjob and Linsey is not very good at times (although the writing isn't very good; have they really bothered to establish Sarah as a character/person?) ... and Greg Vaughan needs a shave and a haircut. I get Eric's mourning, but low-energy Eric who looks like a bum doesn't work for me ... although I do enjoy Sarah just hating on Maggie when she gets a chance. I wish I loved Maggie like I once did but man, I really don't care about her anymore. Makes me sad.

• Members

I often think a good writer could explain why JJ seems to go for the wounded bird type of women (i.e. Paige and Haley) when he usually comes to life when paired with more fiery women (Theresa, Eve, even Lani).  

And I actually didn't mind Marci Miller in the part of Abby even though her take on the character was nothing like Mansi nor even Ashley Benson's take.  I just chalked it up to emotionally shutting down after the whole Ben ordeal and being on the run after breaking out of the mental ward.  It was like she was in a daze and repressing her feelings because it was easier to do so to ensure she wouldn't have to go back into the psych ward.  So when the Gabby alter ego came about, I figured it was her way to cope with the whole Ben incident and other trauma, etc.

Now that Mansi is back, it feels as if Abby has come out of her daze and isn't about the hide how she's feeling and is letting the whole world (Stefan, Jenn, even Chad) know that she's sick and tired of just keeping quiet.  Just my take is all.

Archived