General Hospital September Discussion

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ho,hum.... So the body from Scrotum...er... Croton was Maggie /Frankie/Chloe/Margaux's dead Daddy Vincent Marino.....   Big shock GH.  

Please register in order to view this content

Ryan has taken over for Kevin, but we all know that Franko will discover the truth, he is, after all the new hero on the show.  

NuJordan isn't bad but once she has scenes with TJ.....  O__O. We'll see.

It's a shame these two won't be able to have a longer story. 

Yet these three do......

As for Nina's kid, I don't care if it's Kiki or anyone else, I don't think the kid is necessary on any level.  Hayley Erin still hasn't improved and Kiki/Griffin are like watching paint dry.

Oscar's sudden brain tumor is another plot point story that came out of the blue that feels forced.  Can't kids just have normal problems--  acne, not feeling comfortable in their own skin, etc.? Introducing Oscar and shoring up the Quartermaine family's tree branches (at least a little) was a decent idea. Making him (temporarily?) terminal is not. We've lost enough Quartermaines, thank you.   Also- why don't these kids have dayplayer friends? Josslyn, Cameron and Oscar spend no time with anyone else their own age.

Kristina working for Julian ...Yawn

More Lucas.....Yay!!!!

Lucas losing his "kid"... Booo!

Michael moping around.... so what else is new. He needs to lighten up and start screwing random women--- He's part Spencer, part Quartermaine, part Corinthos. He should be chasing tail, not paperwork.

The death of Gail Baldwin should bring Serena to town for good, as well as a couple of Denise Alexander pop-ins and some flashbacks with Monica, Scott and Lesley.

In just a few scenes, Lynn Herring breathed some much needed life into the show......

• Members

LMFAO,   Jason telling Mike today "I know your son, he's a very good man".   No he's NOT Jason, GENERAL HOSPITAL.   He's in the mob, he's a crook. He's a freaking murderer several times over.  He shot his own wife, Carly, in the head while she was in labor with Morgan.  The way he's treated women he claims to love is abusive, especially mentally and as I previously mentioned he attempted murder of his own wife and son while he was being born!   Carly, Jason, Sam etc.  are stupidly supporting him no matter what.  The reason I no longer watch this show regularly and never will while Maurice Benard & Sonny Corinthos are on the show.  IMHO, Maurice Benard and the writers glamorizing blindly Sonny Corinthos are the worst things  that ever happened to GH

• Members

I think you summed up what is the biggest complaint that many fans of the current version of GH complain about.  While the writers have tried hard to emphasize family, what they have tried to do is make the Corinthos clan like the ATWT Hughes family, only with mob ties, and that just doesn't work, at least in daytime.  Family emphasis is good on soaps, but in this case, they have chosen the wrong family to center the show around.  I'm not saying that the Corinthos family needs to be written out altogether, but, they should not be written as the moral center and heroes of the show.  Perhaps in a roundabout way, General Hospital has fallen into a trap of its own making.  They have always tried so hard to create anti-heroes that they have forgotten how to write a good guy character with a solid background and keep him (or her) interesting.  You know.  Like Dr. Hardy or Lesley Webber.

• Members

And with the episode that aired today, the skip feature doesn’t work for GH again, dagnabit.  I thought it was strange that ABC would allow a show that relies heavily on advertising dollars to use the skip feature.  So it’s back to fast  forwarding through commercials, not just Sonny scenes, Franco scenes, Jasam scenes...

Archived