GH: A wrong righted. She's back!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

First- good for her if she got the anywhere near the deal that she wanted.  The show lost so much momentum from the stories that were playing out when they axed her.  Its like the writers had to scramble away from stories the audience was enjoying, the ratings were better, and even though she is just one character it all kind of blew up around the time we learned she was cut.

Second- I hope she crosses paths with the Ryan story.  I just hope that she doesn’t end up a victim of his (I highly doubt they would kill her or her return to be killed.  I’m more concerned about sexual assault via faked twin).  

• Members

While it is true we do not yet know the terms of Genie's return, I think it's safe to say that the ABC brass probably had to do a good amount of groveling to maneuver her return, given their shoddy treatment of her at the time of her firing last year.  The viewers never completely let the firing go (for which I'm glad), and this move will probably reduce Frank Valentini's daily hate mail by at least a third to even half!

• Members

It’s been a bone of contention and a point of pride for her since she returned under JFP for guests stints and wasn’t given a contract offer.  It’s also a bone of contention that the network often gave Tony whatever he wanted, but didn’t play fairly with her lesser demands.  I do not believe she would return without a contract.  Now who knows what kind of deal she got, but I would be shocked if it wasn’t a contract.

I would love for her to write a tell all.  Her lifetime portrait was pretty great, and I know she has a lot of pain she may not want to revisit.  But I think there would be interest there, especially if she goes into detail about what it was like to be so young and so famous, and how that time was from her perspective.

• Members

The sad thing is, she was let go just as her storylines were actually picking up. One day she had story, the next they gave it to Alexis and shuttled her off. The mayoral campaign had momentum, then asshats ValenVarni handed her the walking papers. She was all over the canvas and then "Poof" she was running to the airport to take care of Spencer because he broke both legs.  Hopefully, TPTB at ABC saw the sh*tstom Frank caused and told him to right his huge budget saving error.

If he needs money for new cameras:

Please register in order to view this content

Here it is....

Archived