As The World Turns Full Episode List

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Monday Nov 15 1965 Gloria De Haven debuts as Sara Fuller.

Sept 23 1971 Final appearance of Jerry Lacey (Simon Gilbey)

Famed cabaret performer Bobby Short appeared April 26 1973. This was when Bob & Kim met up in Florida.

March 25 1973. Irna swings the axe!

Final appearances of John Colenback (Dr. Dan Stewart), Marie Masters (Susan Stewart Baxter), Lisa Cameron (Peggy Regan), Curt Dawson (Ron Talbot), Ben Hayes (Bruce Baxter), and Eugenia Rawls (Grace Burton). 

• Members

Some info regarding Watergate coverage in 1973. The hearings began May 17 (Thurs) and continued May 18.

They  resumed Tues May 22 and continued until Thurs May 24th so presumably ATWT aired Mon and Fri of that week.

All 3 networks aired those hearings and it was then decided they would alternate so viewers would have a choice and networks would cut costs as they were losing millions in advertising losses.

The hearings resumed Tues  June 5 with NBC covering, CBS took Wed June 6 and ABC Thurs June 7. They rotated in this manner from then on until the conclusion on Aug 7th. CBS covered 19 days.

However, the networks had the option of broadcasting Watergate on days not part of their rotation.CBS showed all 5 days of John Dean the week of June 25th.

Don't know if this is any help or is more confusing!!

• Members

I’m currently watching 1990. Either the episode on YouTube for Tuesday February 20th is labeled wrong or the show was pre-empted on Monday February 19th. The Tuesday February 20th episode picks up immediately from where Friday February 16th ended. I know you’ve been trying to figure out where some pre-emptions occurred. That may be one of your missing spots. Or, as I said, ATWST might just has the wrong date on that episode. Either way, I hope the information is helpful. Thanks for all the work you’ve put in to this project!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The episodes of 22, 23 and 26 October 1959 depicted the wedding of Penny Hughes and Jeff Baker.

This was reported in a California newspaper and goes against other reports that Penny and Jeff married Xmas Eve.Perhaps their first marriage, which was annulled, was on Xmas Eve.

Hope someone can clarify.

Edited by Paul Raven

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

OK, let's see if we can figure this thing out.

Two questions (which you may not have an answer to, but I'll ask them anyway):

1.) When you say "rotated in this manner" do you mean they kept going in that specific order (NBC-CBS-ABC-NBC-CBS-ABC etc.), or just that they rotated in whatever order?

2.)  When you say "CBS covered 19 days", do you mean CBS took on 19 days of the rotation cycle, or CBS aired Watergate 19 times in general (including the hearings that were covered by all networks)?

I copied the Watergate-section of 1973 below to have some workspace. If I have interpreted your info correctly, we get this:

1973 5 17 Thursday ??? Watergate!   CBS / ABC / NBC
1973 5 18 Friday ??? Watergate!   CBS / ABC / NBC
1973 5 21 Monday ???     no hearings
1973 5 22 Tuesday ??? Watergate!   CBS / ABC / NBC
1973 5 23 Wednesday ??? Watergate!   CBS / ABC / NBC
1973 5 24 Thursday ??? Watergate!   CBS / ABC / NBC
1973 5 25 Friday ???     no hearings
1973 5 28 Monday ???     no hearings
1973 5 29 Tuesday ???     no hearings
1973 5 30 Wednesday ???     no hearings
1973 5 31 Thursday ???     no hearings
1973 6 1 Friday ???     no hearings
1973 6 4 Monday ???     no hearings
1973 6 5 Tuesday ???   Watergate? NBC
1973 6 6 Wednesday ??? Watergate!   CBS
1973 6 7 Thursday ???   Watergate? ABC
1973 6 8 Friday ???   Watergate? NBC?
1973 6 11 Monday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 6 12 Tuesday ???   Watergate? ABC?
1973 6 13 Wednesday ???   Watergate? NBC?
1973 6 14 Thursday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 6 15 Friday ???   Watergate? ABC?
1973 6 18 Monday ???   Watergate? NBC?
1973 6 19 Tuesday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 6 20 Wednesday ???   Watergate? ABC?
1973 6 21 Thursday ???   Watergate? NBC?
1973 6 22 Friday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 6 25 Monday ??? Watergate!   ABC?
1973 6 26 Tuesday ??? Watergate!   NBC?
1973 6 27 Wednesday ??? Watergate!   CBS?
1973 6 28 Thursday ??? Watergate!   ABC?
1973 6 29 Friday ??? Watergate!   NBC?
1973 7 2 Monday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 7 3 Tuesday ???   Watergate? ABC?
1973 7 4 Wednesday ???   Watergate? NBC?
1973 7 5 Thursday ??? Watergate?   CBS?
1973 7 6 Friday ???   Watergate? ABC?

The exclamation marks indicate that we know CBS aired Watergate. The question marks indicate that CBS might have aired Watergate. The left column is based on a rotation cycle that goes NBC-CBS-ABC.

IF all of that is correct, we may have just uncovered 17 out of 19 Watergate pre-emptions. Obviously, that's still a big IF. 

ANY info, from ANYONE, would be very much appreciated! 

Edited by Brolden

• Members

Great catch @adrnyc ! Sorry for not responding to this earlier. Since the February 16 episode ends with Dan Region inviting us to join again on Monday, I had marked the February 19 episode as having aired, but obviously, an unplanned pre-emption could have taken place. Since the 21 episode picks up directly after the 20 episode, and I assume ATWST hasn't mis-labeled an entire week, I am going to assume February 19 may have indeed been pre-empted. Please share if you find more during your watching. The only way we are ever going to find the real pre-emptions is by actually comparing the ends of episodes to the beginnings of subsequent episodes.

This also means that between December 8, 1989 and May 11, 1990, in addition to the January 1 and February 19 episodes, only 1 more episode was pre-empted.

Edited by Brolden

• Members

Funny enough, I already had that episode number linked to the episode in my file on my computer, but I see I forgot to update the 1982 section in this thread. I was able to figure out the episode numbers to a lot of 1982 episodes based off of the few episodes Patricia Bruder Debrovner uploaded a few months back. But it's always good when any of the episode numbers I've figured out are actually confirmed, so thanks as always!

Bumping up 1982:

We have almost connected 1982 to 1981, but what's odd is that there need to have been 6 pre-emptions between November 2, 1981 and February 1, 1982.

Even if both Thanksgiving days were pre-empted (which they always were from 1982 onwards, but likely weren't in 1980!), as well as Christmas, New Year's Eve (which likely wasn't pre-empted in 1980 OR 1982) and New Year's Day (fell during the weekend in '83 and '84; was always pre-empted from 1985 onwards, EXCEPT for 2004 for some reason), there would still be another pre-emption unaccounted for.

Still: I am amazed that we have nearly all of '80, '81 and '82 figured out, as well as half of '83. 

Edited by Brolden