Sign in to follow this  
DramatistDreamer

Start TV Network

I'm not sure I'd say most.  Comet, Grit seem to lean toward men, Escape towards women and GetTV, Movies!, Bounce, all seem fairly gender neutral.  I haven't seen enough of Cozi to deem whether it leans toward women.

16 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm not sure I'd say most.  Comet, Grit seem to lean toward men, Escape towards women and GetTV, Movies!, Bounce, all seem fairly gender neutral.  I haven't seen enough of Cozi to deem whether it leans toward women.

Cozi reminds me of Hallmark without the movies and The Golden Girls.

29 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Cozi reminds me of Hallmark without the movies and The Golden Girls.

With Cozi, I first think of Will & Grace - then other good reruns / classic TV (many that wouldn't necessarily be on Hallmark).

22 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I guess the name should've told me all.:lol:

:lol:

They air Murder She Wrote, Quincy, The Nanny, Will & Grace, Frasier, Little House, The Munsters (on a weekend day I think), Dick Van Dyke, Make Room For Daddy (both of those (all that sound familiar? It's very similar to what Hallmark once was before they became obsessed with Home and Family and their own movies) ...

They're doing some Lucy/Nanny marathon next month. Here's Lucy (which I think they once aired but don't currently as far as I know) and The Nanny, since Fran's inspiration was Lucille Ball (as evidence by her more or less doing her best Lucy the entire run of The Nanny). The mouth gape is what I always go to.

It's pretty much like Hallmark was, trying to figure out what it wants to be. IMO. I don't watch it much, no particular reason. I like most of what they air.

2 minutes ago, YurSoakinginit said:

With Cozi, I first think of Will & Grace - then other good reruns / classic TV (many that wouldn't necessarily be on Hallmark).

No, Hallmark would just cut the racy stuff (which means W&G wouldn't even make it on their lineup; Frasier has long been a staple and it's now on Cozi; just swap The Nanny with The Middle and Will and Grace with the Golden Girls and Cheers with Dick Van Dyke) and bleep even the most accepted of curse words. lol. They mute the words if you ever listen, lol. It's cute.

But I doubt they'd ever air Will and Grace. Other than that, it's basically like Hallmark once was when they first started out. Hallmark aired a lot of the same programming. When I think of Cozi I think of Hallmark Channel (minus maybe one or two shows).

Edited by KMan101

I wasn't aware of Hallmark's format when it first started. The only things I associate with them are movies with very loud background music, Lucy reruns, and Home & Family... and that's only because we tuned it there for the I Love Lucy while getting ready. That was a few years ago...  Most of Cozi's lineup comes from the NBC vault (and they don't edit out anything - Will & Grace uncut, finally!). I know I can put it on there while doing stuff around the house, and enjoy it... I couldn't do the same with Hallmark.

Edited by YurSoakinginit

Here's the current COZI lineup if anyone is curious:

https://media.cozitv.com/documents/cozi_schedule.pdf

Start sounds interesting I guess. I like the idea. I'd been waiting for an over-the-air Lifetime/weTV (except they seem to be focusing on dramas and not sitcoms which I'm good with).

It's nice to see some things I forgot about like "Family Law" (I miss you Dixie Carter), Profiler ...

I like H&I too because it gives me my 90s fix. NYPD Blue, Xena, Hercules, all the Star Trek you could imagine ...

2 minutes ago, YurSoakinginit said:

I wasn't aware of Hallmark's format when it first started. The only things I associate with them are movies with very loud background music, Lucy reruns, and Home & Family... and that's only because we tuned it there for the I Love Lucy while getting ready. That was a few years ago...  Most of Cozi's lineup comes from the NBC vault (and they don't edit out anything - Will & Grace uncut, finally!). I know I can put it on there while doing stuff around the house, and enjoy it... I couldn't do the same with Hallmark.

Oh, no worries, lol. I was big into schedules for like Hallmark and TV Land back in the 2000s when I was obsessed with seeing classic TV because it had become fairly rare and isolated to just TV Land.

Hallmark's schedule is awful. Hallmark's got a movie network that airs the mystery dramas and they also have a drama network (not widely available it seems) that airs 7th Heaven, etc.

Lots of that was tried on Hallmark. Hallmark now seems content with airing The Middle, Golden Girls and Frasier for what feels like decades now, lol. Even Full House didn't last long for whatever reason (and it used to do well for Nick in reruns).

I know way too much about what used to air where, lol!

Anyway, yeah, Cozi airs a lot from the NBC library. I think Cozi may be "part of the family" (NBC owned?) so it makes sense.

They have a nice lineup of shows. It felt a little odd when they added Will and Grace, Frasier and The Nanny but I think they work well in primetime.

11 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

Three consecutive hours of LHOTP?  It's doing that well?  Get H50 and Police Story!

I love LHOTP, but I watch it on Hallmark Drama lol

Just now, dragonflies said:

I love LHOTP, but I watch it on Hallmark Drama lol

I love it too, but 3 hours is a lot.  Hopefully, Cozi can get their hands on more programming.  

LHOTP has been kicking ass in syndication for what seems like centuries. Between that and Bonanza, I know Michael Landon’s kids have to be very wealthy.

We just got Decades and Heroes & Icons this week and neither has really impressed me yet, though I just don’t have the time for TV like I used to. I have caught Decades’s 50s sitcoms in the morning, though, because I love Our Miss Brooks.

hallmark is embarrassing. It’s July, and they’re already airing Christmas movies all day. All of their original programming is bland and vanilla. But it’s clearly working for them so whatever.